• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

riverfest

ps1mhd

Anyone going?
WLWT news just said no weapons.(630pm)
Their site says no illegal weapons.

Mike D

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Anyone going?
WLWT news just said no weapons.(630pm)
Their site says no illegal weapons.

Mike D
I'm *thinking* about it, but WLWT (TV) got it wrong.

Their site evidently reflects the new (misleading) advisory info the organizers chose to use after those openly-armed scoundrels attended the fireworks the past two years... :cool::cool:

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Here you go!

http://webn.iheart.com/features/wes...64/articles/15/487013/fireworks-faq-12501589/

"Prohibited Items:

- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal weapons, explosives of any kind
- Wheeled items: skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, etc.
- Laser Pointers/Laser Pens
..."

A 1911 is not an illegal weapon. It follows all the laws of physics best to my knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f5y1w7sZ0s

Bring only items that are necessary for the event

Read more: http://webn.iheart.com/features/wes.../487013/fireworks-faq-12501589/#ixzz4JFzNPd9R

Alternately... my 1911 is something I cannot live without it !

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
This is the guy running the WEBN fireworks - Justin Tabas cell phone 215-527-9574

This guy says they can post signs. Give him a call. The city has already made it clear that carrying on public property is legal and WEBN can't stop it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This is the guy running the WEBN fireworks - Justin Tabas cell phone 215-527-9574

This guy says they can post signs. Give him a call. The city has already made it clear that carrying on public property is legal and WEBN can't stop it.

Many lizzurds don't care ... what you do when they approach?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
OC/CC is not going to be a problem at the Fireworks... BUT

I called Justin Tabas this morning and left a message inquiring about signage. I still haven't (and at this point don't expect to) receive a return phone call.

I stopped down at the Fireworks venue a little while ago, open carrying, and asked a fellow at the west gate (pictured below) what they had been told about firearm carry. He said that I couldn't do so because the sign said "No Weapons". I asked him if he would point out where the sign said that. He and I walked back to the sign he pointed out where it said "No Hazardous Items".

I asked him to get his supervisor and if necessary, a CPD officer. Our entire conversation was pleasant & cordial.

He summoned his boss (Tim) and when he arrived in a golf cart, Tim said "You can let him go". (I wasn't detained at any time, so that was kind of funny!)

I walked over to Tim and asked that he make sure the people at the other gate (second picture) were informed. He said that Justin Tabas had already told them (I presume he meant "his company") that "we" were coming. Of course, that doesn't explain why the fellow I had just spoken to at the west gate was uninformed...?

21mrv35.jpg

I walked down to the east gate (Sawyer Point Park) and asked a fellow at that gate what they had been told about firearm carry. He said that firearm carry was okay, but Mountain Dew's were not! LOL

I thanked him, took a picture of the gate (below) and left.

29e0pw4.jpg

In addition to evidently being hostile to the notion that he is constrained in some way regarding signage postings, Mr. Tabas has not taken any, or at least no effective steps to ensure that the "security" people are informed regarding the legality of firearm carry at the Fireworks.

Because of Mr. Tabas' ineffective or nonexistent efforts, I will be contacting various parties, including at a minimum the following: Mr. Tabas, Tenable Protective Services, and the Law Department of the City of Cincinnati. I expect it will take me a while to get a response, but stay tuned.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Here is the actual park rule.
Rule 10. - Weapons.

No person shall discharge firearms on park property, except in accordance with Rule 35 herein. No person shall carry or discharge slings, bows, rockets, missiles, projectiles, explosives, volatile liquids, or other devices by which persons, animals, or birds may be injured or frightened, and no one shall throw stones or other dangerous missiles, devices and objects on park property.
https://www.municode.com/library/oh...ances?nodeId=RUREINBOCO_RUBOPACOCI_RULE_1CIPA

ps1mhd

Walked through Bellevue, Newport, Cincinnati, and both bridges.
No LEOs said anything. Couple of "good going" from others.
At less a couple miles.

Mike D

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I was 4 miles away at a local restaurant watching the fireworks. There was a number of us law abiding citizens carrying guns and not one unpleasant incident.

The shooting was a 1/4 mile away from Sawyer Point where the actual event was taking place.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I was 4 miles away at a local restaurant watching the fireworks. There was a number of us law abiding citizens carrying guns and not one unpleasant incident.

The shooting was a 1/4 mile away from Sawyer Point where the actual event was taking place.
Well yes, but it happened during the event and along the waterfront.

I think that ties in with letting no good crisis go unexploited.