• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robbery at Applebees

MainelyGlock

I bet if someone there was OC/CC'ing, that could have been prevented. Stores that post anti-gun signs are kind of screwing themselves over.

Edit: Just re-read that the place was closed. Still valid for other situations in my opinion.

Last edited:

usmcmustang

Edit: Just re-read that the place was closed. Still valid for other situations in my opinion.

Yes, the restaurant was closed but there were employees inside the store closing up. Wonder what could have resulted if one or more of the employees were armed.

Also, I like the suggestion about posting signs that say: "No armed robberies allowed." That'll sure do the trick, huh?

FallonJeeper

Yes, the restaurant was closed but there were employees inside the store closing up. Wonder what could have resulted if one or more of the employees were armed.

Also, I like the suggestion about posting signs that say: "No armed robberies allowed." That'll sure do the trick, huh?

How about... "Our employees are unarmed, we'd appreciate it if you bad guys were unarmed too."

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Another success for the Brady Bunch, making the country safer for criminals, one crime scene at a time!

Obviously this is an education issue, proving that criminals have poor reading skills, and couldn't understand the signs that read "Closed" and "No Guns."

renoglock22

This is why I place these signs outside of businesses that feel unarmed customers are better. So far Toys R Us in Reno is the first place to get one.

Attachments

• nocarry.jpg
    nocarry.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 183

MainelyGlock

This is why I place these signs outside of businesses that feel unarmed customers are better. So far Toys R Us in Reno is the first place to get one.

Haha. Awesome sign. Mind if I print off some copies and post them? I know of a few stores that could use one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I appreciate the intent of the sign, but you are aware that by placing it you are defacing private property?

Especially if the sign is laminated using shatterproof film and super industrial strength adhesive.

Which is why, in spite of our inner voices, we try to be good ambassadors even when nobody is looking.

stay safe.

DocWalker

I appreciate the intent of the sign, but you are aware that by placing it you are defacing private property?

Especially if the sign is laminated using shatterproof film and super industrial strength adhesive.

Which is why, in spite of our inner voices, we try to be good ambassadors even when nobody is looking.

stay safe.

Yes but they can be properly placed infront of the private propety as not to be on their property. Much like the sign a guy would put in his yard pointing to the neighbor that is anti-gun, telling the criminals you won't us your weapons to defend your anti-gun neighbor.

rushcreek2

It is my profound hope, and ardent belief that one of these days, or nights at least ONE responsible citizen will have the occassion to demonstrate the efficacy of being armed "in case of confrontation" - to all of the SURVIVING pacifists, and elitist weasels willing to sacrifice a few lambs to the wolf pack - in exchange for "civility".

renoglock22

Haha. Awesome sign. Mind if I print off some copies and post them? I know of a few stores that could use one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By all means use it.

stay safe.

In the state of Nevada, it is only defacing if it is permanent. Your example, yes if it is impossible to remove. My stickers however are placed next to their no firearms signs and are printed on regular paper and ran through a little sticker maker so the will peel off pretty easily. It will take a little work to get off but the weather would do it in a few weeks anyway.

Jack House

Even if perfectly legal, not sure I like the idea. Reminds of gang graffiti.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

renoglock22

Even if perfectly legal, not sure I like the idea. Reminds of gang graffiti.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

A Nevada study I read a couple of years back (not sure when but can find if you need) that was conducted by the state concluded that 95% +/- of all graffiti (at least in Nevada) was done by harmless taggers and not gangs. I hate it that when people look at graffiti they automatically think gang. I think people should be given a place to do art like this because there is some good graffiti out there. I don't agree with the vandalism of private property however. Not all graffiti is gang related just like not all OC'ers are gang members or criminals.

MainelyGlock

A Nevada study I read a couple of years back (not sure when but can find if you need) that was conducted by the state concluded that 95% +/- of all graffiti (at least in Nevada) was done by harmless taggers and not gangs. I hate it that when people look at graffiti they automatically think gang. I think people should be given a place to do art like this because there is some good graffiti out there. I don't agree with the vandalism of private property however. Not all graffiti is gang related just like not all OC'ers are gang members or criminals.

+1. Portland has a few walls where tagging is legal, and even encouraged by city council members as an outlet for teenagers. There are some really beautiful pieces of art on some of the walls downtown here.

Lostlittlerobot

A study I conduct every day I drive around town, 95 +/- of grafitti in las vegas is ugly as hell.

renoglock22

A study I conduct every day I drive around town, 95 +/- of grafitti in las vegas is ugly as hell.

I agree, most graffiti is ugly. That is mostly because you have to be quick as not to get caught. Given the time and space to do this there would be very awesome pieces.

Last edited: