• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roster of government bodies that allow carry

MKEgal

I wonder how long it will be before this part of the law turns into preemption?
Because this is EXACTLY the same problem we had before preemption, w/r/t communities allowing carry or not (in the community), and we'll have EXACTLY the same problems with people being arrested in some places for doing something that's legal the next town over.

Main difference I can see is that at least now places have to make it clear they're victim disarmament / criminal empowerment zones.

protias

I wonder how long it will be before this part of the law turns into preemption?
Because this is EXACTLY the same problem we had before preemption, w/r/t communities allowing carry or not (in the community), and we'll have EXACTLY the same problems with people being arrested in some places for doing something that's legal the next town over.

Main difference I can see is that at least now places have to make it clear they're victim disarmament / criminal empowerment zones.

Those who feel their power slipping away they always try to throw their power around. When that happens, they lose and we regain more of our rights than what they would have "allowed" us to have before.