• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger LC9 front sight.

self preservation

I have Ruger LC9 that is my "pocket gun" while at work and the such. Great little gun but I have one heck of an issue keeping the front sight aligned. Every time I go to shoot it the sight has moved one direction or the other. You can apply gentle pressure with your finger and move it easily. No set screws or anything to apply tension, so I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice?

blahpony

Mine did that. Call Ruger and they will send another sight. Either you can install it yourself or take it to a shop. You may be able to convince they to let you send in the slide to repair it themselves.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's supposed to be pinned. Did you check to see if your pin has gone walkabout?

While you are at it, have you considered changing the front sight to either a Hi-Viz or XS?

stay safe.

Ezek

It's supposed to be pinned. Did you check to see if your pin has gone walkabout?

While you are at it, have you considered changing the front sight to either a Hi-Viz or XS?

stay safe.

I know on the SR9 they are in fact.. NOT pinned, they are press fit. and can be removed and or moved where you need with a brass punch and a hammer. I believe the LC9 is the same

since yours is loose, you could try some red Loctite when you get it where you want it should assist with keeping it in place. ( this is actually what they use with replacement hi viz front sights to keep them in place, from what I have seen of the video's)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I know on the SR9 they are in fact.. NOT pinned, they are press fit. and can be removed and or moved where you need with a brass punch and a hammer. I believe the LC9 is the same

since yours is loose, you could try some red Loctite when you get it where you want it should assist with keeping it in place. ( this is actually what they use with replacement hi viz front sights to keep them in place, from what I have seen of the video's)

You are correct and I was much less correct. Being a wheelgunner my mind automatically read LCR.

stay safe.

Ezek

You are correct and I was much less correct. Being a wheelgunner my mind automatically read LCR.

stay safe.

for some reason the whole megamind scene when he comes back after getting dumped by Roxanne Richie just played in my head..