• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sac State Murder

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Hello, I am wondering on the progress of your group. Recently there was a murder at my campus dorm. I found our policy for handguns on the dorms. Are there currently any campuses that allow weapons in their on-campus dorms or on campus? It would seem like for me to be able to carry on campus I would not onlyhave to pursue the school's policy, I would have to amend this law. Any one with any background on this or in a similar situation? Thanks

[align=left]Firearms and Weapons[/align]

[align=left]At no time are firearms, explosives, or other dangerous weapons permitted on[/align]

[align=left]the California State University, Sacramento campus. This includes storing such[/align]

[align=left]weaponry in your vehicle. Weapons include but are not limited to: pistols,[/align]

[align=left]rifles, BB guns, pellet/pump guns, paint pellet weapons, slingshots, archery[/align]

[align=left]equipment, martial arts devices, knives, swords, explosives, etc. Such weapons[/align]

[align=left]are subject to confiscation and will be turned over to the Department of[/align]

[align=left]Public Safety. Students who violate this policy can expect to have their License[/align]

[align=left]Agreement revoked.[/align]

[align=left]To emphasize the seriousness of how such conduct is viewed, Section 171b(a) of[/align]

[align=left]the Penal Code states that, “Any person who brings or possesses within any state[/align]

[align=left]or local public building or at any meeting required to be open to the public...[/align]

[align=left]is guilty of a public offense punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not[/align]

[align=left]more than one year, or in the state prison:[/align]

[align=left]• Any firearm.[/align]

[align=left]• Any deadly weapon described in Section 653K or 12020[/align]

[align=left]• Any knife with a blade in excess of four inches, the blade of which is[/align]

[align=left]fixed or is capable of being fixed in an unguarded position by the[/align]

[align=left]use of one or two hands.[/align]

[align=left]• Any tear gas weapon, as defined in Sections 12401 and 12402.[/align]

[align=left]• Any taser or stun gun, as defined in Section 244.5.[/align]

[align=left]33 Guide to Residential Life California State University, Sacramento[/align]

[align=left]• Any instrument that expels a metallic projectile, such as a BB or pellet,[/align]

[align=left]through the force of air pressure, C02 pressure, or spring action, or any[/align]

[align=left]spot marker gun or paint gun.” Items deemed “toy weapons” can often look[/align]

[align=left]like the “real thing” and play with such items generally involves a “target”.[/align]

[align=left]Such “toys” are often inscribed with warnings that they can be lethal when[/align]

[align=left]used inappropriately. In consideration of the safety and welfare of the entire[/align]
Residence Hall community, these items are strictly prohibited as well.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I believe there are a few of the Tennessee campuses that firearms are not prohibited. Carry would require a HCP, of course. I think htere are campuses all accross the country that allow firearms in dorms and carry.

And not a single proffessor has been shot at any of them. :what: