• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAF, CCRKBA take I-1639 to Court !!!!!

Dave Workman

2A Groups Ask WA High Court to Intervene on I-1639:banana:

Two gun rights organizations based in Bellevue, Wash., have asked that state’s Supreme Court to enjoin the Secretary of State from acting on Initiative 1639, a gun control measure that would change state gun law, on the grounds that petitions circulated to gather signatures did not include a “full, true, and correct copy of the proposed measure printed on the reverse side.”

http://libertyparkpress.com/2a-groups-ask-wa-high-court-to-intervene-on-i-1639/

Last edited by a moderator:

unknownsailor

NRA suit to block I-1639 from appearing on the ballot was successful.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...tate-prevents-i-1639-from-appearing-on-ballot

The Thurston County Superior Court today ruled in favor of the National Rifle Association and ordered a writ of mandamus to prevent I-1639 from appearing on the ballot. The judge agreed the signature sheets did not comply with state law – the font size was too small to be readable and didn't include strikethroughs.

“The National Rifle Association is glad to see the court today recognized how negligent, if not worse, gun control advocates were in their signature-gathering for this ill-advised ballot initiative,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA-ILA. “We got involved because I-1639 tramples on the rights of Washington state voters, and because the way these anti-gun activists went about pushing their agenda was egregious. We applaud this decision, and will remain vigilant in protecting the constitutional freedoms of all Americans.”

OC Freedom

This will pass in November

The liberal sheeple of Washington will pass this piece of trash in November. Here is a detailed video from the Yankee Marshal on what this bill will do and how it will affect Washington gun owners. Washington is the new California.

[video=youtube;qAa8A8Y0jUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAa8A8Y0jUI[/video]

Boomboy007

What is the weather like in Idaho?

Yeah, I foresee this passing, although I will fight tooth and nail against it. I will seriously consider relocating, although I will sorely miss these sweet summers.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, I foresee this passing...................

IF Washington State firearm owners vote "as usual", it will pass. Only three in ten actually send the ballot to Olympia. MOBILIZE or Die!!

Be sure that YOU vote, your family votes, your neighbor votes. The left WILL be at the ballot box this time because they mobilize.

gun vote.png

Schlepnier

Well it did pass and now we have to fight them in the courts. support the SAF, they won in Heller V DC and they won in McDonald V Chicago this one should be a comparative slam dunk consider it is already proven that the ballot measure was illegal, it violates state laws on the number of subjects a measure can contain, it contains provisions already deemed unconstitutional by the Heller decision, it violates HIPPA as well as the rights of legal adults under the age of 21.

tannerwaterbury

Well it did pass and now we have to fight them in the courts. support the SAF, they won in Heller V DC and they won in McDonald V Chicago this one should be a comparative slam dunk consider it is already proven that the ballot measure was illegal, it violates state laws on the number of subjects a measure can contain, it contains provisions already deemed unconstitutional by the Heller decision, it violates HIPPA as well as the rights of legal adults under the age of 21.

And I'm betting the courts will be blind to all those violations and find SOMETHING constitutional about the law elect.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

solus

Who will take them to court? Why did you HAVE to take them to court? Because only 45.36 of the REGISTERED voters turned out.

https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/current/Turnout.html

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10160982609960057&set=a.10150334300870057&type=3&theater

alas MSG, the citizens of WA and OR refuse to eliminate the root cause of the problem and continue to allow an early 1900s political practice call ‘initiative’ to proliferate these State’s legislative governance.

therefore, over the years with big $$$ special interest groups, who can ‘legally’ & successfully push their incidious self promoting agenda(s) with impunity over the entire States’ populations.

All the recent anti firearms have had mega $$$$ pushing them and minimal & marginal grassroots/media/ support against.

Further, as you are aware, WA citizen’s perspective regarding the firearm [eh pick a initiative cause] rhetoric & outrage is significantly different on the other side of the Mountains then in megatroplis existing along the western coast of the state.

so you have to eliminate the root cause of the problem as the initiative(s) will keep flowing as the special interest gain more and more successes under their belt(s). The grassroots are screwed since the lack sufficient financial resources to successfuly counter the special interest huge bankrolls.