• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saugus HS, Santa Clarita shooting

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan

Ghost1958

The gun did not come from his home.

This "kid" slipped a pistol past his parents into the school.
In 16 seconds or a shade under that he wounded or killed 5 people,some moving targets, cleared a jam in the process of doing , while keeping count of his rounds,so he then could off himself. Yeah he's just a kid who got better with a gun than alot of folks here, out of the blue , with no coaching, and shot 5 people out of the blue.

Yeah right. I'm captain America too.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Air soft. ?

I took 16yoa boy shooting real firearms for the first time.

He had extensive time using a high grade air soft M16/AR15 and a air soft 1911 it was impressive how well he shot using my AR then my 1911.

Ghost1958

Air soft. ?

I took 16yoa boy shooting real firearms for the first time.

He had extensive time using a high grade air soft M16/AR15 and a air soft 1911 it was impressive how well he shot using my AR then my 1911.

No indication this kid had extensive or even casual experience with fire arms or airsoft.

Air soft doesn't translate into actual live fire performance with a real firearm anyway.

Firearms Iinstuctor

No indication or other wise.

Just relating my experience with one young man and his ability to shoot real firearms only after using air soft.

In his case it did translate very well.

Ghost1958

Apparently, the handgun used was homemade:

.45 used was unserialized

Supposedly it was a kit gun.
The " offical " story is this kid got a kit gun, without his parents knowing, trained someplace by someone that he was pretty highly skilled at clearing a jam and hitting moving targets 5 times plus himself in 16 seconds.
Though there is no indication he had a history of shooting or training.
I daresay few here can do that in a high stress environment and clear a jam in the process.

The story stinks to high heaven.