• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb 129

neuroblades

Not sure. If I recall correctly, when we discussed this in the past we felt it was more of a "feel good" law than anything else.

That's what some others had said about it as well. My girlfriend's son ran across it last night and was asking me about it but I had never even about this Ky. Senate Bill until last night. Equally confusing, when I looked it up on Google, I found a site that said that it had passed the senate I think but on another site it said that it had a dismissal; so I have no idea if it passed into law or not.

Personally, if this did pass into KRS, then I don't see this as a feel good law as it is legally binding.

self preservation

That's what some others had said about it as well. My girlfriend's son ran across it last night and was asking me about it but I had never even about this Ky. Senate Bill until last night. Equally confusing, when I looked it up on Google, I found a site that said that it had passed the senate I think but on another site it said that it had a dismissal; so I have no idea if it passed into law or not.

Personally, if this did pass into KRS, then I don't see this as a feel good law as it is legally binding.

Honestly, I can't remember what came of it. I know that once a year I print out all new or changed KY. gun laws to put in my binder (yes, I keep an up to date KY. gun laws binder :)) but I didn't find/print one that said that federal gun laws are null and void in KY. So I don't believe it is a KRS.

And I'm not sure it would be legally binding... The argument/debate was that federal law trumps state law. I do remember that dip chit Rep. out of Lexington (can't remember her name but she is an anti) kept screaming that this law would be treason.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The feds have stuck their noses into every aspect of our lives .. I think that the supremacy clause has got to go in respect to laws that restrict our freedoms.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

You're thinking pre-Obama America.

No, he'd probably be thinking of Pre-WW2 America, before all the Democrats and Republicans Screwed us all over in the form of every Democrat, and Republican White house, and Congress that has ever sat in their positions since the Interwar years.

Don't be thinking that its limited to Obama. Bush jr Screwed us over just as much as Obama, that lil R on your voter registration card doesn't mean 'our guys are gods, and their guys are satans'.

DrakeZ07

Passed the Senate with a vote of 34-3. Didn't ever get a House committee hearing, died. Once again, Ky. partisan politics at work. Dems. in the House refuse to take up a bill introduced and passed in the Republican Senate by a Republican sponsor. Same thing happens going in the other direction all the time.

Which is one of the numerous reasons why we need more I's and L's and other third-parties running, and being elected to office. If someone is running for office as a third party, or non-D or non-R, support them, even if they're not in your district ;)

09jisaac

If someone is running for office as a third party, or non-D or non-R, support them, even if they're not in your district ;)

This is a lot of the problem with our current system. Don't just vote for someone because of the party they are running under, vote for them based on what they will do in office.

DrakeZ07

This is a lot of the problem with our current system. Don't just vote for someone because of the party they are running under, vote for them based on what they will do in office.

Sadly though, the vocal and loud minority of voters and the major party officials are more likely to focus on the little things that a third-party candidate has, rather than their principles and reasons for running. One such thing comes to mind is that a potential third-party candidate may have the threat of their personal life, faith, or relationships publically condemned or crapped on, just to make sure a major party's incumbent stays in office. And sadder still, the general voter population goes on and lets such intimidation, and loosely-defined election fraud, happen like no big deal.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
You're thinking pre-Obama America.

No, it would be pre- Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc. In all honesty, it would be pre-WWI. But I will agree with you that Obama has been one of the worst.

What we need to do is completely abolish a two-party system; hell, what we really need to do is abolish all political parties. We should never vote for someone simply because they belong to a certain party. We should vote for someone because of their record and what they stand for.

We have allowed the Federal government to operate well outside of their original purpose for far too long. They have stolen so much power that they now believe they can do anything they please. We need to restore order in this country, and strengthen our Federal Constitution to severely limit the power of the Federal government (as was originally intended) and put the power back where it belongs -- with the people.

self preservation

No, it would be pre- Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc. In all honesty, it would be pre-WWI. But I will agree with you that Obama has been one of the worst.

What we need to do is completely abolish a two-party system; hell, what we really need to do is abolish all political parties. We should never vote for someone simply because they belong to a certain party. We should vote for someone because of their record and what they stand for.

We have allowed the Federal government to operate well outside of their original purpose for far too long. They have stolen so much power that they now believe they can do anything they please. We need to restore order in this country, and strengthen our Federal Constitution to severely limit the power of the Federal government (as was originally intended) and put the power back where it belongs -- with the people.

People will believe in what they believe in regardless of what title they have. The rest I whole heartly agree with. And I was just trashing Obama a little. In reality they all suck.

Last edited: