• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School gun ban proposed in Waterbury...HUH!?

Freiheit417

I guess Waterbury wants to make "Gun Free School Zones" even more gun free :eek:

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/school-gun-ban-proposed-in-waterbury#.UUOfWlfxf5Q

FUQ:
"What we did was an on-scene assessment of all the schools. We went to all 30 schools," said Acting Dep. Chief Chris Corbett, Waterbury PD. And one of many recommendations police made was banning guns from school..."There was a little ambiguity in the state law regarding pistol permits versus weapons on school grounds, who was authorized to have a gun on school grounds," said Chief Corbett.

REALLY?

Now, everybody knows that people with carry permits legally carrying guns into schools is not the major threat facing schools. It's the people who shouldn't have those guns trying to get into schools, and that's what concerns the Waterbury Police Department the most.

If people with permits are not a "major threat", then why do they want to make absolutely sure they're not allowed to carry in schools?

LQM

Really? I mean, really??

"And one of many recommendations police made was banning guns from school."

Really? Holy Crap! Why didn't we think of this before?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Outlaw Oxygen

They should outlaw oxygen ... in EVERY school shooting, it was present .... very suspicious ... I think its oxygen that makes people kill

motoxmann

in all honesty, they should make anti-depressants illegal. two major side effects of all anti-depressants are thoughts of suicide and violent behavior/rage, either/both while on them, or while withdrawing from them. and from what I've gathered, nearly all of the shooters in recent years were on a form of anti-depressants. and based on the way schools encourage having kids diagnosed with "mental/medical issues" for the schools' monetary gain, I'm sure there are tens of thousands of kids on dangerous meds who absolutely do not need them and are being subject to the mental side effects of them.

depression is not a medical condition that can be cured with a pill. its a state of mind based on current events. but people would rather be lazy and let a pill cheer them up than actually get off their arse and do something to improve their life.

The above is meant to apply to everyday people. I do understand there are people who really do need them due to some form of recent trauma or something, but personally I think those are the people that should be kept away from guns anyhow, as for them to need them so badly they must be in some form of temporary or permanent mentally ill state anyhow; like the parents of sandy hook victims. and I'm by no means talking down upon people like this, I'm acknowledging that certain events can be too extreme for someone to handle on their own mentally and do need some forms of assistance in getting to a better place

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
and from what I've gathered, nearly all of the shooters in recent years were on a form of anti-depressants.

Sounds like the drugs were ineffective with those people .... (that's the drug manufacturer's opinion ~ although the FDA and manufacturers have agreed that they do have some aggressive side effects...oops)