• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Bill 12

KBCraig

Thirteen of the 24 senators are co-sponsors. The speaker of the house supports it. Sununu has always promised to sign it.

Unless the NRA comes in again to "fix it", we should have ConCarry this year.

KBCraig

Nascar24Glock

It's a little cryptic, but the outcome of that is right there on the docket:

Reconsider SB 12 (Rep. Hinch): MF VV 02/09/2017

Translation: "Motion Failed, Voice Vote, 02/09/2017"

Ah, ok. I know what those two things are; I just didn't recognize the abbreviation. Thanks.

Va_Nemo

It appears he plans to sign it. After this it would be a bit difficult to back out it.

Nemo

http://www.guns.com/2017/01/23/new-hampshire-governor-praises-passing-of-constitutional-carry-bill/

New Hampshire governor praises passing of constitutional carry bill
1/23/17 | by Andrew Shepperson

The New Hampshire Senate passed legislation last week that would allow gun owners to carry a concealed firearm without a permit, and Gov. Chris Sununu was quick to voice his support for the bill.

“I am pleased that the state Senate today voted to advance common sense legislation in support of a citizen’s fundamental right to carry a firearm, joining neighboring states throughout the region and across the country,” Gov. Sununu said in a statement released Thursday.

The bill, SB 12, passed in the New Hampshire Senate along party lines with a 13-10 vote, and is expected to pass in the House of Representatives, which is also controlled by the Republicans.

Similar bills have been passed out of the New Hampshire legislature over the last couple of years, only to be vetoed by former Gov. Maggie Hassan.

Given Gov. Sununu’s statement, supporters of the bill are confident this time around the legislation will be signed into law.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Governor signed it at 1030 full story at the link

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2017/02/governor-sununu-signs-constitutional.html

Governor Chris Sununu has signed SB12, the "permitless" or Constitutional carry bill for New Hampshire in a signing ceremony. The ceremony was held at 10:30 Eastern time, today, 22 February, 2017. From Governor Sununu's facebook page:

Signing #SB12 into law is a commitment I made to the people of New Hampshire. I am proud today to fulfill that commitment.
Similar bills were vetoed twice by former Democrat Governor Maggie Hassan. Hassan left the Governor's mansion to become a U.S. Senator from New Hampshire.

Midwest

CONGRATULATIONS FROM KENTUCKY!

Gun Owners of America is also reporting the story as well......

http://gunowners.org/nh-goes-constitutional-carry.htm

"New Hampshire Becomes the 13th Constitutional Carry State!

New Hampshire becomes the 13th state to adopt a permitless carry law, now that Gov. Chris Sununu has signed GOA-backed legislation into law.

GOA Executive Director praised the hard work of New Hampshire residents, who diligently urged their state officials to support SB 12."

The hue-and-cry from grassroots gun owners drowned out the paid opposition from Bloomberg’s Billions, which was generating phone calls into the state in opposition to SB 12.

“This is a win for the people of New Hampshire, and an even bigger win for the rule of law and the Constitution,” said Pratt. "

Last edited:

Rattrapper

Well Folks, We now have Constitutional Carry with no help from the New Hampshire Assoc. of Chiefs of Police. So based on what they did and who they aligned themselves with it would be best that the gun clubs tell the police depts. to look else where for a range when it comes time for training and qualifications. Be sure to tell them why.