• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriffs Disobey New Anti-Gun Laws—Refuse to Disarm Citizens

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The Code Federal Regulations at Title 5, Section 2635.101(a) states that “Public service is a public trust.”

In Buffum v. Peter Barceloux Co. United States Supreme Court 289 U.S. 227, 237 (1933) stated that:
“The standard of duty is no different whether the trust to be enforced is actual or constructive. * * * The implication of a trust is the implication of every duty proper to a trust. * * * Whoever is a fiduciary or in conscience chargeable as a fiduciary is expected to live up to them.”

Sheriffs know what side the bread is buttered.

Ghost1958

All sheriff's and leos in general SHOULD take this exact stand ,.

Their oath is to protect the Constitution , not carry out unconstitutional whims of traitorous politicos , or court decrees.

Pity most do not.

solus

Let’s see, the newspeek blogs pushing this story line,
Hotair
Freedomoutpost
Ussanews
Conservativeangle
Informationonline
Blacklistednews
Newzsentail
Whitesalmonenterprise
Fromthetrenchsworldreport
Goldendalsentail
Rightmindsforum

Oh ya, the guardian...why haven’t any Washingtonian newspeek media hearlded this headline?

Interesting read... http://www.countyofficials.org/DocumentCenter/View/1038/Duties-of-the-Sheriff-PDF

since9

Campaign Veteran
OUTSTANDING.

Our(1) oaths of office aren't to enforce legislation. Our oaths of office are to "support and defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic."

(1) Applies to every officer (military, law enforcement, judicial, legislative, executive, public) and member of the military at every level.

GOOD FOR THEM! "The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

infringe (def) - "to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another; defeat or frustrate"
Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Last edited:

Ghost1958

Infringe. act so as to limit or undermine .

All gun regulations are unconstitutional. Any officer enforcing one is breaking his oath.

solus

OUTSTANDING.

Our(1) oaths of office aren't to enforce legislation. Our oaths of office are to "support and defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic."

(1) Applies to every officer (military, law enforcement, judicial, legislative, executive, public) and member of the military at every level.

GOOD FOR THEM! "The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

Def. "infringe" - to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another; defeat or frustrate.

Since9, the OP’s inital discussion centered on Peace Officers, aka Sheriff(s), who’s ‘normal’ [as in all things the term ‘normal’ is quite subjective] oath of office centers around the concept of:

support the Constitution of the United States,
support the Constitution of the State of XYZ,
Support the Ordinances of ABC County, XYZ
and that I will faithfully perform the duties of the Office of County Sheriff, of the County of ABC , State of XYZ...

As mentioned NORMALLY, yet here IAW NC 11-11 is the mandated oath of office for sheriffs, quote:

I, A. B., do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will execute the office of sheriff of __ county to the best of my knowledge and ability, agreeably to law; and that I will not take, accept or receive, directly or indirectly, any fee, gift, bribe, gratuity or reward whatsoever, for returning any man to serve as a juror or for making any false return on any process to me directed; so help me, God. Unquote.

Humm, missed anything about US or State constitutional or support of state/county statutory mandates!

Now why Since9 would you pop off about snippet of the US oath of enlistment coupled with a snippent of the 2nd amendment?

I, _, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

Apples and veggies...

Last edited: