• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shire Society ?

countryclubjoe

Hi New Hampshire.

I am seeking information on a group that calls themselves, The Shire Society, I believe the group is headquartered in New Hampshire.

Please feel free to PM me with any information.

TIA
Regards
CCJ

solus

Then why not go there and ask them http://forum.shiresociety.com/latest rather than further muddy our OCDO waters?

I lived in Portsmouth, NH, and visit there and Hanover (ETA Dartmouth College, but you kneeew that!) occasionally with bicycle riding friends and academics. We talked about things, but you'll have to get them to talk to you.

I know that you have had many many PM, even folks registering to PM and enjoy your wit.

so what part of your continuous bombardment of shock & awe alt-BS newspeek doesn't 'muddy' your possessive concept of 'our' forum?

truly amazing...done this and that marvelous adventure, plays dress up, held hands with, carried this and that for xyz, hikes & bikes here and there, drives these fancy vehicles and now reveal you have lived yet another place...

and yet no book chronicling your life story...must be quite the disappointment!

ipse

countryclubjoe

so what part of your continuous bombardment of shock & awe alt-BS newspeek doesn't 'muddy' your possessive concept of 'our' forum?

truly amazing...done this and that marvelous adventure, plays dress up, held hands with, carried this and that for xyz, hikes & bikes here and there, drives these fancy vehicles and now reveal you have lived yet another place...

and yet no book chronicling your life story...must be quite the disappointment!

ipse

May be old word salad is auditioning for "Dos Equis" , The most interesting man in the world!..

Surely he qualifies..

solus

There you go again, with the snide remarks and character assassination. You and Solus are quite a pair....

how did you word it...oh right...

jamesC's post 18 dated 17May 1624: I don't know where you got your law degree, but you ought to get your tuition refunded.... http://vb.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?135090-K-9-Alert-Search-Question

last i checked, while you might not appreciate my comments, there is no malicious and unjustified harming of a person's good reputation, nor play ground taunts, nor personal degradation.

as you throw stones james...might ensure your house doesn't have windows exposed...

ipse

countryclubjoe

There you go again, with the snide remarks and character assassination. You and Solus are quite a pair....

Me and old word salad have a constant chess game ongoing. And you Sir have no sense of humor..

Now please take your invidious comments home and grow some skin.

CCJ

countryclubjoe

Uhhh, no. How many Master's Points have you? Don't lie answer 'cause I won't believe you.

You may be playing chess. I am pulling wings off a fly. Bzzzzt some more, you Blow Fly.

If you won't believe me, why did you ask? 2300, if you need to know...

I have been playing "shogi".. Much tougher game..

countryclubjoe

The Shire Society Declaration
WE THE UNDERSIGNED witness to the lesson of history-- that no form of political governance may be relied upon to secure the individual rights of life, liberty or property-- now therefore establish and provide certain fundamental precepts measuring our conduct towards one another and towards others;

First, each individual is the exclusive proprietor of his her own existence and all products thereof; holding no obligations except those created by consent.

Second, no individual or association of individuals however constituted has the right to initiate force against any other individual;

Third, each individual has the inalienable right of self-defense against the initiation of force.

Fourth, explicit voluntary association is the only means by which binding obligations may be created, and claims based on association or relationships to which any party did not consent are empty and invalid.

Fifth, rights are neither collective nor additive in character, and no group can possess rights in excess of those belonging to its individual members..

Great declaration in my humble opinion!

Regards
CCJ

KBCraig

I am a Free Stater. I moved to NH. Years ago, I signed the Shire Declaration.

What the Shire Society has become since then, is not really a free society. It's one particular megalomaniac's attempt to be his own little local dictator under the guise of freedom. He wants all social media interaction to move into his small forum.

YMMV. Use your own judgment and check out the posts that ask people to leave Facebook and move to this one forum alone.

No thanks.

solus

What the Shire Society has become since then, is not really a free society. It's one particular megalomaniac's attempt to be his own little local dictator under the guise of freedom. He wants all social media interaction to move into his small forum.

YMMV. Use your own judgment and check out the posts that ask people to leave Facebook and move to this one forum alone.

No thanks.

thanks KB, as you provide a different perspective as i research the subject...

your comments are greatly appreciated!

ipse

countryclubjoe

No thanks.

Outstanding!, Exactly the kind of information I am needing.
Thank you.
Regards
CCJ

KBCraig

For the record, I have no issue with people eschewing Facebook, or choosing to leave it. It's a major time-suck.

But, there have been other web forums serving the same purpose long before Shire Society forums existed. They don't drive ad revenue to the Shire Society proponent, though.