• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Short notice on another utah permit class at elkhorn airport...

paul@paul-fisher.com

I was sorta joking and not joking.... I did print out the certificate, and the card(s).... If I remember, I thought I had to send in something to recieve tha actual certificate in the mail...???

I could be wrong.

To meet MD requirements, you print it out and mail in the top part to MD. You keep the bottom for your records. They don't mail you anything.

Nascar24Glock

As I am primarily an "Open Carrier" and plan on continuing to open carry after I get the WI Permit. If I ever mae it back to MI (The U.P. for fishing and camping), I would be open carrying and REAL carefull not to forget and let my jacket cover my sidearm.

Outdoorsman1

Make sure you also don't forget to do "the dance" that you currently have to do in Wisconsin with regards to carrying it in a vehicle. Carrying in a vehicle without unloading it and putting it in the trunk (or encased, locked box, if your car doesn't have a trunk) is expressly spelled out in the statute as being the same crime as carrying concealed without a permit. And, unlike Wisconsin, it's a felony in MI. Of course, once you get your Wisconsin permit, you won't have to worry about it (MI recognizes all permits, as long as they're from your state of residence).

One other thing. Don't carry AT ALL in Michigan until you at least get your UT permit. To even possess a handgun legally in MI as a non-resident, you have to have some permit (but, unlike car and concealed carry, it doesn't have to be from your home state).

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Make sure you also don't forget to do "the dance" that you currently have to do in Wisconsin with regards to carrying it in a vehicle. Carrying in a vehicle without unloading it and putting it in the trunk (or encased, locked box, if your car doesn't have a trunk) is expressly spelled out in the statute as being the same crime as carrying concealed without a permit. And, unlike Wisconsin, it's a felony in MI. Of course, once you get your Wisconsin permit, you won't have to worry about it (MI recognizes all permits, as long as they're from your state of residence).

One other thing. Don't carry AT ALL in Michigan until you at least get your UT permit. To even possess a handgun legally in MI as a non-resident, you have to have some permit (but, unlike car and concealed carry, it doesn't have to be from your home state).

Thanks for the info.... will do.

Outdoorsman1

AaronS

Yea, thanks for the info Nascar24Glock. Looks like I might have screwed this up in that past. Now I know better.
Nov. 1 will not come fast enough...

Outdoorsman1

Finaly got around to getting the fingerprints and photo required with the Utah Permit application filled everything out and.....MAILED IT TODAY.....:banana: :banana: :banana: :monkey :monkey:D

Now I have two clocks to watch.... Clock until Nov. 1st and now clock until my Utah Permit arrives....

Outdoorsman1

As I mailed the Utah Permit application via "Registered" mail (signature required for proof of delivery), In Fridays mail was the signed proof of delivery receipt...:banana:

So I checked and sure enough... my credit card was charged the $65.00 fee whcih tells me they are revewing my application of which I anticipate no issues so one step closer to getting the permit...:banana:

Tic - Toc -Tic - Toc- Tic- Toc....man, that kitchen clock never sounded so loud...:D

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Where did you get your fingerprints done?

Local police station... Silver Lake WI.

I am thinking any LEO station could do them... Racine, and Kenosha County LEO will do them for $20.00

As the Silver Lake LEO already know me (on friendly terms) as an open carrier, I got mine done for free...

They did say something about if they get a lot of requests, the might start charging $5.00 or $10.00

I just love living in a small town...

Outdoorsman1

Edited To Add:... But then again..on second thought... To get them done at a police station, it might be nessesary to actually "TALK" to an LEO... and we all know how some in here feel about that.....

Just Sayin...

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

To meet MD requirements, you print it out and mail in the top part to MD. You keep the bottom for your records. They don't mail you anything.

No. No. No. Do not mail it into MD, unless you plan to possess a firearm in MD as a MD resident. The bottom cards are proof of training. You do not need to mail in the top half for the bottom half to be valid proof of training in WI. You only need to mail in the top half with a signature to be able to move onto the next step towards being able to own and carry a handgun in MD.

Last edited: