• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should businesses be allowed to bn employees from cc

Glocklover20

Hi, I've seen quite a bit of people talking about this so I was curious what you all thought. Should a business owner be forced under law to either provide an armed guard or to allow employees to carry conceld if they can meet the requirements to carry? I ask this only because I've noticed a lot of stores posting no gun signs since our house bill 2 came into effect. I do support this because I want to feel safe and secure at work, this helps with productivity and general additidudes of employees in my openion.

CRIMINALS DONT OPEN CARRY, MOST DONT WEAR HOLSTERS, NONE CARE THAT YOU HAVE A NO GUN SIGN UP. GOOD JOB TO ALL STORES WHO POST SIGNS, ALL OF YOU HAVE OPENED YOURSELF TO CRIMINALS THEY NOW NO THAT YOU ARE WEAK AND THEY WILL HAVE NO RESISTANCE AT YOUR PLACE OF BUISNESS!

Last edited:

JustaShooter

An employer should be able to ban any behavior he desires - OC, CC, smoking, drinking, shaving one's head, wearing jewelry, whatever. And just as they should be free to do so, you should be free to not work for them if you dislike their conditions.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Yes. Some have legitimate reasons to do so (use your imagination). Freedom applies to all, so as best to allow for all contingencies.

Last edited:

GHF

Guns in Cars Part

In Florida, your car is your property, even though it is on your employer's land. I all but a few situations -i.e. secure locations - you can keep your gun in your car, and they can not either ask you if you have one (or for that matter a CWFL permit) or enter your vehicle without your permission to search for their property ONLY. Searching for their property without your consent requires a warrant, and law enforcement would have to make the search.

Last edited:

Glocklover20

In Florida, your car is your property, even though it is on your employer's land. I all but a few situations -i.e. secure locations - you can keep your gun in your car, and they can not either ask you if you have one (or for that matter a CWFL permit) or enter your vehicle without your permission to search for their property ONLY. Searching for their property without your consent requires a warrant, and law enforcement would have to make the search.

I know that in Mississippi the vehicle is an extension of ones home, I think that covers you and your employers but I do have family that have to sign a contract each year to work and in that contract is clearly states that they can't have weapons on them or in their car.