• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoulder Rig for a Big Guy?

Mr H

imported post

Just looking for opinions on folks' favorite shoulder holsters for the plus-sized male.

;-))

Would prefer a vertical, for reasons of perceptionexpressed in other threads, but willing to listen to all options.

daddy4count

imported post

I've always used Galco or Bianchi... I think Bianchi makes a vertical option for it...

Both come with way too much leather for someone my size... (more like a 40" chest) so i would imagine you should have no problems.

I think I cut 6 to 10 inches off of the straps for my Miami Classic (horizontal, sadly)

neuroblades

imported post

I use a horizontal Galco Jackass rig personally. There's easily enough leather strap to fit the plus sized gentleman. The reason I go the Galco Jackass rig is that being a large chested, beefy fellow myself, the horizontal draw was easier with the Jackass due to the unique barrel up, grip down configuration of this rig.

I also utilize a Galco Classic Lite rig from time to time. The Classic Lite is a standard lightweight horizontal should rig, nothing special about this rig under than being lighter built. It uses the same straight horizontal draw angle, nothing special here but it's a very nice and simple rig

Dreamer

imported post

Galco make vertical rigs for several handguns, and you can buy them as modular components or have Galco assemble a custom rig based on their Jackass harness.

The holster component is called the "VHS Holster Component" and is available for almost any make or model you would want.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=3815&CatalogID=445

However, the VHS holster does not have provisions for a "tie-down loop" to connect the bottom of the holster to your belt.

If you want a vertical shoulder holster with a tie-down loop, look at the Bianchi X-15. I think it has one. I have an X2000 Phantom for a Taurus 689 I no longer own, and it is a FANTASTIC rig...