• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Show off your holster wear!!!

Dreamer

The only holster wear on my S&W model 10 is on both sides of the muzzle, and only a little at that. That's because I use leather holsters, they dont scrape.

I beg to differ...

Most of the wear on my Para has come from the few times I've carried it in one of the two LEATHER holsters I have for CC. One is an old (and VERY broken-in) Galgo IWB (the older version of what they call the Stow'n'Go these days), and a well-broken-in SideSnapScabbard.

They will start to wear off parkerizing all over the frame in about half a dozen draws, or after about 8 hours of walking around...

Where as my Serpa doesn't seem to wear any place on my Para except the trigger guard, and that takes about a week of carry to start showing...

No, leather is VERY hard on a guns finish, especially if you are CC. Not so much for OC though...

And your implying that polymer holsters wear more than leather is a myth. Most polymers that they make holster from these days are VERY "slippery" and have very little friction on their surfaces--WAY less than leather...

Last edited:

Gunslinger

I beg to differ...

Most of the wear on my Para has come from the few times I've carried it in one of the two LEATHER holsters I have for CC. One is an old (and VERY broken-in) Galgo IWB (the older version of what they call the Stow'n'Go these days), and a well-broken-in SideSnapScabbard.

They will start to wear off parkerizing all over the frame in about half a dozen draws, or after about 8 hours of walking around...

Where as my Serpa doesn't seem to wear any place on my Para except the trigger guard, and that takes about a week of carry to start showing...

No, leather is VERY hard on a guns finish, especially if you are CC. Not so much for OC though...

And your implying that polymer holsters wear more than leather is a myth. Most polymers that they make holster from these days are VERY "slippery" and have very little friction on their surfaces--WAY less than leather...

That's why I prefer kydex Fobus or Blade-Tech for my pistols. Plus, they show off the gun better.