• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Show off your holster wear!!!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Since this is a site where most people carry...

Who's got the most, and best holster wear? :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Blackhawk Serpa FTW! :banana:

Attachments

• muzleft.jpg
    muzleft.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,201
  • muzright.jpg
    muzright.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,415
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,996
  • slidetop.jpg
    slidetop.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • triggerguard.jpg
    triggerguard.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,860

Dreamer

My Para only shows a little wear on the frame (black), mostly around the front of the trigger guard, from riding in my Serpa.

My Glock has shown no wear at all from riding is a Serpa. Say what you will about "tupperware guns", but you gotta love that Tenifer finish. Too bad it's been made nearly illegal (for "environmental safety" reasons) to process here in the US...

Nevada carrier

Too bad it's been made nearly illegal (for "environmental safety" reasons) to process here in the US...

Roguard is a viable alternative and it makes a nice two tone look if you roguard the slide and have the frame NP3ed.

To the OP, you can have your entire gun NP3ed and it will make that gun look like new.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Now, why would I want to ruin all that character?

I've spent almost 3 years building up so much wear!

Maybe if it become rust-prone, I'll think about it...

:p

Now, does anybody have any holster wear to share? C'mon, mine isn't the only gun with an average park job!

Last edited:

Dreamer

Now, why would I want to ruin all that character?

I've spent almost 3 years building up so much wear!

Although I like a shiney new-looking gun as uch as the next guy, I tend to agree with "Marshaul" on this one. Holster wear = character (for the firearm), and shows that you actually CARRY on a daily basis. I consider my holster worn firearm a "badge of honor"...

sultan62

The majority of mine is on the top of the slide, though there is some on the edges and sides. XD45 in a Safariland kydex.

j4l

Since this is a site where most people carry...

Who's got the most, and best holster wear? :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Blackhawk Serpa FTW! :banana:

Good Lord, what are you holstering that thing into? Concrete? Lol.
I get the whole "character" thing, to a point. Been seeing this odd craze in the Guitar community of late, where people want to "relic" their guitars. To make them look "vintage" ..Folks were taking relatively new guitars and deliberately abusing them to make them look all banged up, etc...The craze has gotten so out of hand that an otherwise $500 or so guitar can now be had from the manufacturers for ....

$5,000 or more- coming from the factory "relic'd" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://proguitarshop.com/store/guitars-fender-custom-shop-fender-relic-c-1_476_481

Gunslinger

My SIG 1911s have SS slides, no wear. My 69C Hi-Power is NRA 99%, no wear. I like to keep them wiped down with a silicone impregnated cloth. It not only shines them up nicely, but does give surface protection. The other handguns don't get carried all that often, and/or are SS.

Just bought a 75th Anniversary model Browning Hi-Power. Mine, I've had for 40 years and is worth a considerable amount with its 99% condition and original, perfect, leather gun soft case. The new one will be a lot more of a shooter, no sentimental attraction, just the respect due the finest personal defense pistol ever made. Still, I hate the thought of holster burn on a fine gun.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Damn. Time for a new gun. Take a look at the Remington R1--not much more than what you paid for the RIA, and 100% made in US.

lol. Why would I replace it because of some finish wear? If I cared (which I don't), I would simply have it refinished with something better.

RIAs do have fairly thin parkerizing, but my self-built RIA is twice the 1911 an R1 is. I've tuned everything from the trigger to the spring rates to suit my preferences. It runs like a dream, unlike any factory 1911 for less than $1000.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Ah, someone man enough to show off what they got! :p

I have similar wear, although in more areas and a greater overall amount. But it's similar in that the finish wears off right at the contact points. I practice drawing from the Serpa at least a couple dozen times per day, and when I draw it there is a contact point all long the length of slide, resulting in those streaks down the slide.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

lol. Why would I replace it because of some finish wear? If I cared (which I don't), I would simply have it refinished with something better.

RIAs do have fairly thin parkerizing, but my self-built RIA is twice the 1911 an R1 is. I've tuned everything from the trigger to the spring rates to suit my preferences. It runs like a dream, unlike any factory 1911 for less than $1000.

I always thought the RIA was a better than mediocre pistol that lent itself into being made an excellent one. While I haven't handled an R1 yet, I see it exactly the same with a better starting platform--admittedly at a higher price than a RIA or Daley. That being said, I am a snob when it comes to my guns and my Corvette as to how they look. And my Rolex which just set me back enough to buy two good watches on its overhaul...:>

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I always thought the RIA was a better than mediocre pistol that lent itself into being made an excellent one. While I haven't handled an R1 yet, I see it exactly the same with a better starting platform--admittedly at a higher price than a RIA or Daley. That being said, I am a snob when it comes to my guns and my Corvette as to how they look. And my Rolex which just set me back enough to buy two good watches on its overhaul...:>

Yes, in either case (RIA or R1) its true potential lies in what it can be made into.

I eventually selected the RIA Tac after comparing it to the PT1911, the R1, and the Springfield GI (all were affordable to me), as it was the cheapest that came with an Ed Brown style beavertail already fit. :p

I would agree that, stock for stock, the R1 is slightly better than the RIA GI. Mostly due to that fancy blued finish. :)

Last edited:

Huck

The only holster wear on my S&W model 10 is on both sides of the muzzle, and only a little at that. That's because I use leather holsters, they dont scrape.

Chap

My pictures posted above Kimber Ultra Carry II has only been in a leather holster.

Each morning I put it in holster drive to work. Remove it and lock in auto safe. After work I put back in holster, return home, take it out and place on table near me. ( 4 times slide contact a day minimum ) Usually more since that's bare minimum for daily activity.

Leather is abrasive, I can turn my holster upside down and Kimber stays put.

I moved my pants last night with my new Crossbreed IWB. I left holster attached to blue jeans with my XDm .45 ACP. I just grabbed my jeans like usual and the XDm fell out and hit the floor. Oops And a few more thoughts crossed my mind. I'd rather have a secure weapon with wear than loose and who knows what.

Chap's iPhone