• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Showing ID to police

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The turn in direction of this thread has gone about as far as it will go. A word to the wise should be sufficient.

twoskinsonemanns

Personally I am grateful for all the groups. A person's motivation means nothing to me. Their act, done for any reason, supports my desire to have OC more common.
But trying to reason with a truly indoctrinated badge worshiper is like :banghead: .

davidmcbeth

Banned
I, myself, have lots to hide. I had my house especially chosen because it has opaque walls to keep prying eyes out.

I do not know all the laws that I am subjected to ... no one does.

Who lives in a glass house? No one. Why? Nothing to hide? I have everything to hide. I have things hidden very well. I intend on keeping them that way.

Why not ID ? Because I do not want to - I do not need to explain why - I wish to keep my reason(s) hidden.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I have lots of stuff to hide. I HATE that idiotic phrase: "If you aren't doing something illegal, you have nothing to hide." It might be my dirty underwear, but I have every right to hide it from you, a-hole! If you have no proper legal suspicion of any wrongdoing, why aren't you back on your beat?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have lots of stuff to hide. I HATE that idiotic phrase: "If you aren't doing something illegal, you have nothing to hide." It might be my dirty underwear, but I have every right to hide it from you, a-hole! If you have no proper legal suspicion of any wrongdoing, why aren't you back on your beat?

I love it when gov't officials say: Why not "do this or that", got something to hide? And I answer: I got lots to hide, don't expect me to help you discover these things. I've told judges this and they chuckle (because everyone has something to hide).

Fallschirjmäger

Having personal experience in being in a situation where it was my word against Officer Friendly's and only the fact that I was recording the situation saved my bacon all I can say is....

Thank Freakin' Gawd there are 'drama queens' who publish things like this to "get attention". If it was kept quiet as some seem to want then very few people would be exposed to the excesses of government. You can't "bait" a cop, he's not required to do a single blessed thing when he sees legal conduct. Any officer that 'get's caught up in the drama' brought it all on his little lonesome.

WalkingWolf

Like those who set up situations for confrontation just to get YouTube hits, sure.

NO, like those that post flaming scat to insult members of a forum! I am sure you know who I am referring. This is not your first time with this BS, and to make matters worse you had a conversation with one member when you first became a member. That conversation was about his video recording, so it was not that you were ignorant what we do here.

IMO you came to this site to stir scat, and you intended to stir scat when you refereed to at least one member as a "drama queen". Some people are smart enough to know when they made a FUBAR, and apologize. Trolls are not that smart.

WalkingWolf

Having personal experience in being in a situation where it was my word against Officer Friendly's and only the fact that I was recording the situation saved my bacon all I can say is....

Thank Freakin' Gawd there are 'drama queens' who publish things like this to "get attention". If it was kept quiet as some seem to want then very few people would be exposed to the excesses of government. You can't "bait" a cop, he's not required to do a single blessed thing when he sees legal conduct. Any officer that 'get's caught up in the drama' brought it all on his little lonesome.

+100%

Nang pa

NO, like those that post flaming scat to insult members of a forum! I am sure you know who I am referring. This is not your first time with this BS, and to make matters worse you had a conversation with one member when you first became a member. That conversation was about his video recording, so it was not that you were ignorant what we do here.

IMO you came to this site to stir scat, and you intended to stir scat when you refereed to at least one member as a "drama queen". Some people are smart enough to know when they made a FUBAR, and apologize. Trolls are not that smart.
I didn't refer to the last member as a drama queen. I said people who go out on what that member calls "liberty checks" are drama queens. Are you telling me that member sets up such "liberty checks"? I'm sincerely at at a loss as to what everyone's getting exited over.

I'm only saying that one shouldn't be going out of their way to set up confrontations with police. Surly that's nothing but a reasonable position.

Last edited:

Nang pa

Wow so there's people on this forum who do set up police confrontations?

Yikes!

*backs away slowly*

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Yikes!

*backs away slowly*
Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you are trying to earn a vacation. Hope I am mistaken.

You keep playing the same tune. It reflects negatively on the forum and ill defines activism.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Yikes!

*backs away slowly*
What do you mean Yikes????

I know of one major city where the cops were set-up. They took the bait. In the end the city had to retrain their cops about open carry.
By the way, the cops don't have a problem setting you up.

Nang pa

What do you mean Yikes????

I know of one major city where the cops were set-up. They took the bait. In the end the city had to retrain their cops about open carry.
By the way, the cops don't have a problem setting you up.
You know what...forget I posted at all. I truly do not see what everyone's getting excited about so it's best I bail until someone brakes it down Barny-style for me or I figure it out myself.

My apologies.

stealthyeliminator

The reason you can't quote me saying all OCers are aggressors is because Iv'e said no such thing.

"The reason I can't"? Really? I never tried. From accusing OCers of being drama queens, to accusing them of aggressing against police officers, to now accusing me of failures for things I never tried to do. So, we are (at least) triple down on BS accusations. Maybe the repeated BS accusations are what people are getting excited about?

By the way...

Hi, in a lot of the open carry videos on YouTube I see people refusing to show their ID to police when asked. Is there a reason for this? I know in a lot of states you don't have to, but why wouldn't you? All it seems to do is create hostility which is the last thing you want. If you have no criminal record and you're legally able to own and carry a gun, why not just let them run a background check?

You answered your own question. YouTube. These drama queens are just trying to get views to their channel, and that's the only reason.

OP refers to all as group. You refer to OP's group. You refer to all. You say that the only reason is to get channel views, this does not leave room for other reasons.

ETA: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (again). Let's put it this way. I think the biggest problem with your original post is that you criticize certain OCers doing certain activities without understanding the purpose and, frankly, the great importance, of their activities. If you accept the fact that maybe you don't know everything, and even just entertain the possibility that there are good reasons for what they're doing, instead of just getting defensive and doubling down, then this would not have blown up so much.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!!

You know what...forget I posted at all. I truly do not see what everyone's getting excited about so it's best I bail until someone brakes it down Barny-style for me or I figure it out myself.

My apologies.
your apologies wont make it this time,,, you can bail,,, I wish you do,, or get banned.
your true colors are shining through, you really cant trick anyone here now.

go away, far away, you are Done!!!

In before the lock...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Granting a request to keep this thread open for the positive discussion of our rights. Don't wish to punish the many for the transgressions of a few.

Heed: There is a price to be paid for crossing the line/rules violation though.

OCDO is about activism......positive activism.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

I do not show ID to police while OC for same reason I do not whilst not carrying at all. I do not want to and I have no legal obligation to do so.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk