• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Since Constitutional Carry came in.....?

ecocks

Do city and county governments (state too I guess) have the option to restrict carry in their buildings and meeting places?

JesseL

Surprised for how pro gun Arizona is they don't provide full preemption for that. Oh well being able to have storage is better than many.

We tried last year to pass a bill saying gov't buildings could only restrict carry in facilities with metal detectors and armed guards, but didn't quite make it.

azcdlfred

Do city and county governments (state too I guess) have the option to restrict carry in their buildings and meeting places?
As others have stated, the answer is yes. The law predates Constitutional Carry.

Read page 4 of AzCDL's November 2011 newsletter. The image of freedom in Arziona doesn't match reality. We're working to overcome years of apathy and Californication.

Fred