• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county oc report

jfslicer

Went to check out some potential hunting spots while OC today. Ran into some odd signs. At Ebey Island the signs indicated that no guns are allowed on the Wildlife land. The first three images are of Ebey Island's Wildlife entrances. I find the third one most interesting as it specifies what kind of ammo you can use to hunt and then three feet later says no hunting beyond this point. That's a very narrow hunting land. -_-

Spencer Island's signs said no loaded guns (one said no loaded shotguns) on County land. The island is divided in half, the lower half belonging to the county and the upper half belonging to the State's Department of Fish & Wildlife.

Aside from the signs no issues. Am I right to think that all of these signs are wrong?

Ebey Island #1.jpgScreen Shot 2013-10-10 at 6.48.54 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-10-10 at 6.49.11 PM.jpgSpencer Island #1.jpgSpencer Island #2.jpg

Freedom1Man

Went to check out some potential hunting spots while OC today. Ran into some odd signs. At Ebey Island the signs indicated that no guns are allowed on the Wildlife land. The first three images are of Ebey Island's Wildlife entrances. I find the third one most interesting as it specifies what kind of ammo you can use to hunt and then three feet later says no hunting beyond this point. That's a very narrow hunting land. -_-

Spencer Island's signs said no loaded guns (one said no loaded shotguns) on County land. The island is divided in half, the lower half belonging to the county and the upper half belonging to the State's Department of Fish & Wildlife.

Aside from the signs no issues. Am I right to think that all of these signs are wrong?

View attachment 10875View attachment 10878View attachment 10879View attachment 10876View attachment 10877

If I remember correctly the no loaded guns signs are for the parking areas. I have hunted areas with those little red and white no hunting/loaded guns past here signs before. You go past them into the field and then load your gun and hunt. When leaving the field you stop there and unload.

There is likely a trail or road next to the hunting area. I've seen those little signs out in the hunting areas along HWY203.

jfslicer

If I remember correctly the no loaded guns signs are for the parking areas. I have hunted areas with those little red and white no hunting/loaded guns past here signs before. You go past them into the field and then load your gun and hunt. When leaving the field you stop there and unload.

There is likely a trail or road next to the hunting area. I've seen those little signs out in the hunting areas along HWY203.

That seems weird. If the signs were facing the other way and indicated you need to unload before leaving the hunt area that's one thing, but they face the parking area. So when you walk to the hunting ground, you're told no hunting, no guns. I e-mailed Fish & Wildlife and asked about the signs. Regardless of the hunting issue, the no guns part seems like a violation of state preemption.

Freedom1Man

That seems weird. If the signs were facing the other way and indicated you need to unload before leaving the hunt area that's one thing, but they face the parking area. So when you walk to the hunting ground, you're told no hunting, no guns. I e-mailed Fish & Wildlife and asked about the signs. Regardless of the hunting issue, the no guns part seems like a violation of state preemption.

It's been a few years since I have been hunting so, I don't know if there as a change or not. They cannot prohibit your carry of a pistol though (unless that changed AGAIN). It was put into the hunting regs before I stopped that you can carry a modern pistol while hunting during any season.

amlevin

It's been a few years since I have been hunting so, I don't know if there as a change or not. They cannot prohibit your carry of a pistol though (unless that changed AGAIN). It was put into the hunting regs before I stopped that you can carry a modern pistol while hunting during any season.

Yes. You just can't use it to dispatch any animal you shot.

jfslicer

I normally wear dark clothes, but tonight I decided to throw on a bright red hoodie and light pants and go shopping. While at the Lake Stevens Albertson's a man said "Thanks for wearing it proud" as he passed me. I wasn't sure what he was talking about at first (haven't had any positive experiences with OC yet, just neutral ones). I thought maybe he mistook me for a Bronco's fan or something... then I realized and it was too late to thank him for the comment.

If that was you speak up, I haven't met anyone on here yet and would like to meet some local OCers.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
JF,
Come down to the coffee meet in Bothel at the Lyons Den the first saturday of every month. Several of us Eastside and Snohomish OC'rs show up there regularly.

We would enjoy meeting you.

Cheers!

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
My new holster from Cerisse @ Soteria Leather arrived today. My new EDC is now almost ready to carry as it has close to 800 rounds of many various loads through it with only a couple of hiccups. And those were from me trying multiple handloads in the gun looking for a good practice round that mimics my SD loads.

Kimber SCPHD with VZ grips and an Orion "Liberty Bell" holster:

Image.jpg

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Thanks all :)

This is the first Liberty Coin version in her new Orion holster line. It will accommodate both my 3" and 4" Kimbers, although it is primarily for the 4" Super Carry Pro.

Cheers,
Bill

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Wow…..had to go all the way to page 9 to find the thread! Pretty quiet up here in Sno County it seems.

With the weather being what it is, have been OC'ing a lot this summer. I've had 3 notable interactions over the last few weeks. I was shopping at McClendons Hardware in Woodinville when a nice gray haired gentleman came up to me in the Store and shook my hand, complimenting me on carrying and exercising my rights. We had a great 15 or 20 minute conversation in the store. He was a retired Naval Officer, wearing a Marine T-Shirt, as his son is a Marine currently.

Was shopping at McDaniels in Snohomish, and went back to the Sports and Gun counter. The woman who works there saw my gun and commented that I was the second Open Carrier in that day. Her, I and a customer had another great 15 minute conversation on guns/rights/OC etc. Unfortunately, my wife would NOT let me buy the excellent 12ga defensive shotgun on the wall I was looking at………..

Another day more recently, wife/son/and myself were up in Clearview having an early dinner at a small place called Cunio's. Used to be Mongo's for anyone familiar with the place. The owner asked me what I was carrying, and that started a conversation that led to us realizing we are both members of the same shooting range. ( Shooting Sports Northwest ) We shoot at different times of the week, so had never run into each other.

It's been a good summer for OC. Have been OC'ing on the Vashon/Fauntleroy ferry run quite a bit as well without issues.

skiingislife725

Was shopping at McDaniels in Snohomish, and went back to the Sports and Gun counter. The woman who works there saw my gun and commented that I was the second Open Carrier in that day. Her, I and a customer had another great 15 minute conversation on guns/rights/OC etc. Unfortunately, my wife would NOT let me buy the excellent 12ga defensive shotgun on the wall I was looking at………..

I was in there the other day...might have been me. Have only been in there a couple times, didn't realize they had a gun section. I'll have to check that out next time!

jsanchez

Took a ride around Lynnwood and Millcreek on my klx 250 yesterday. Stopped at Oreilly auto parts on 164th to order a part.