• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county oc report

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Yes indeed, and I am sorry to have missed. After the fiasco that was last year, I had decided to forego the trailer and bringing Andrew, and come over with a tent on my own.

But with me working 70-80 hour weeks on a regular basis, it just didn't happen. I WILL try and get over there again!

Andrew really had fun when he was there, but pulling him out of school to come over on thursdays is proving to be a no win situation……….

Freedom1Man

Openly Carried at the evergreen fair yesterday, ZERO problems.

Couple of looks, zero comments by the deputies wandering the site, 1 person asking questions in a positive way.

All in all a good event.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Holy Cow! It's been 4 years since I've posted in this thread! I suppose that is good in a way, because it means there are really no issues with OC up here. I have acquired a new to me 1911, and instead of OC'ing my usual Kimber EDC's, I was getting used to the new gun and holster by carrying it instead. As usual no one really pays attention, or they think nothing of OC up here anymore. ( Could it be their faces are buried too deep in their phones these days? )
But, I had to shop so went into the local Albertsons and while standing in the checkout line the gentleman in front of me complimented me on the gun, and asked about it. This started a great conversation, which for me has been the norm in my experiences up here. It also reminded me that I've not posted in this thread for awhile, but am surprised no one else has either!
For what it is worth, I acquired an airplane 3 months after my last post above and have been doing my part in securing my plane by being an ardent believer of Cockpit carry. Most of my flying is into the Mountains, so it also serves the purpose of survival if I go down. It's a win win scenario.

OCcockpit.jpeg

I will say, that after a week of carrying the new gun, I am just not a fan of plastic holsters. I know this particular company does good stuff,, and many people use them successfully, but the plastic has given me a sore hip and digs into my side. Having Soteria make me a new leather holster. She does stellar work.

solus

Willy, to be honest i’m not quite sure what i’m impressed with most...

The sidearm or the Cesna, skyhawk ? [wait i didn’t just violate forum rule by talking about his aeroplane did i? :rolleyes:]

nice craft, oh ya so is the firearm...

Thanks for sharing, both!

Check out wright’s leather in fremont ohio

Last edited:

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Thanks to you both.👍

Well, to comply with the rules, Yes I will check out Wrights Leather! In the pic is my Kimber SIS Ultra that has had a few thousand trouble free rounds through it. I acquired a new to me ( though used ) Dan Wesson Valor Vbob in 9mm. Sweet shooting gun.

But I think, since the plane is framed behind a nice OC'd 1911 we can comment on it🤣. Much older than a Sky Hawk! Old 1950 Cessna 170 Taildragger that was one of three very different aircraft Cessna called a Businessliner. I use it for River Bars, Grass strips, and other off airport adventures.

And Hey, John Pierce has seen my flying videos on FB so maybe he won't mind the short transgression.👍

Last edited: