• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so it begins regarding 2A sanctuary counties...

solus

Several Western NC's counties have been pop'g up with successful votes approving 2A sanctuary status since Dec 2019.

local newspeek media have been down playing the movement with little or no fanfare...

Therefore it came as a surprise when a neighbour pop'd over this afternoon with a 2A resolution from my county ~ Wayne!

still seeking rationale from Wayne's commissioner about what precipitated this out of the blue activity in rural religious Eastern NC.

more will be shared as i learn details

quickie update:
just checked GRNC's website, https://www.grnc.org/defend-your-rights/press-releases , for any type of alerts which might point to legislative agenda which could explain this type of activity by the state's county commissioner.

the only alerts center around gerrymandering voting activities, tho not sure how this subject matter any way relates to the organizational mantra of supporting sane, sober, law biding concealed carrying NC citizens?

Last edited:

solus

And your problem with this idea is?

Nemo

nemo please advise again the purpose of a county, any county in this country, passing a non-binding, unenforceable 2A sanctuary resolution which carrys as much weight as a county issuing a resolution for a university sports team winning a championship, or other meaningless nonsense except to generate warm feelings and allowing those politicians to brag at re-election time!

please nemo, et al., let me know what you come up with for a viable rationale for and oh also advise how these resolution advance:
1. 2A advocacy for citizens in the state, community and in this country!
2. how these resolution are enforceable against the county officials who were glad handing, waving the banners, in front of the community's citizenry?
3. ...nawll these two should suffice !

one hopes that gives you an IDEA of just two objections i have with this nonsense!

Va_Nemo

nemo please advise again the purpose of a county, any county in this country, passing a non-binding, unenforceable 2A sanctuary resolution which carrys as much weight as a county issuing a resolution for a university sports team winning a championship, or other meaningless nonsense except to generate warm feelings and allowing those politicians to brag at re-election time!

The purpose-- it get the attention of and makes a statement to the higher ups in the political structure this may be an issue they need to think about in the next elections. It may only let those politicians brag about something but it put the question in the public mind and can inspire people who would not have stopped by the ballot box to actually take an interest in voting.

please nemo, et al., let me know what you come up with for a viable rationale for and oh also advise how these resolution advance:
1. 2A advocacy for citizens in the state, community and in this country!
2. how these resolution are enforceable against the county officials who were glad handing, waving the banners, in front of the community's citizenry?
3. ...nawll these two should suffice !

one hopes that gives you an IDEA of just two objections i have with this nonsense!

See above for a viable rationale.

They advance:
1. It gets the average person who generally pays little attention to gun issues to begin to think about it and might inspire them to become more attentive and even get out to vote.
2. They are not enforceable except at the ballot box.

It case you don't know much about it but thats how many things get started in the political arena.

As far as the idea its nonsense-- what have you done (nonsense or worthwhile) on 2A issues?

What do you suggest that is not objectionable to you? Share your apparent great knowledge on what is effective, acceptable and worthwhile.

Nemo

solus

It case you don't know much about it but thats how many things get started in the political arena.

As far as the idea its nonsense-- what have you done (nonsense or worthwhile) on 2A issues?

What do you suggest that is not objectionable to you? Share your apparent great knowledge on what is effective, acceptable and worthwhile.

Nemo

there ya go with the demeaning playground rhetoric such a distraction to what your message ~ when your over it let me know...