• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So Much For Living In A Small Town....

Interceptor_Knight

I got one a little while back, on the 4473, it was described as "OTHER" by the dealer since it is neither a long gun or a hand gun, yet it is the part with the serial number, so that is the only AR part that requires the NICS check from an FFL. Now if I could just find a barreled upper assembly that is not on a 6-month backorder, I might be happy.

Check out Nelson Tactical in Green Bay. He has DPMS and RRA uppers for less than $500 in stock (as of last week when I picked one up). Call them if you do not see what you want on the web site.....www.nelsontactical.com ... he lists stuff on gunbroker also that you can buy from the store if there are no bids.....http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=*&IncludeSellers=51665&SearchType=0

Last edited:

Big Dipper

My small town (Silver Lake) village president was involved in a Concealed Carry Firearm incident... Go figure....

ETA:... No shots were fired...

Story here...

http://fox6now.com/2012/04/02/silver-lake-village-president-cited-for-concealed-carry-violation/

Outdoorsman1

Illinois CofP too!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ter-crash-in-kenosha-20120404,0,2348335.story

"The police chief was charged with operating while under the influence and taken to Kenosha County Jail, according to the police report."

Nothing about a weapons charge though! Perhaps ossifer courtesy?

Slingblade

Last edited:

xenophon

The guy must have a decent attorney, Kenosha County only charged him with Disorderly Conduct. Filed today on WCCA website.

I saw they charged the other guy with just disorderly. But didn't see an update on what they charged the president. Either way, I bet the media will leave out the unloaded part. Either way, bad press. He should have been properly concealing anyhow.

Sounds like he should have refused the breathalizer. And as quoted above, don't get into confrontations, avoid avoid avoid.

Slingblade

I saw they charged the other guy with just disorderly. But didn't see an update on what they charged the president. Either way, I bet the media will leave out the unloaded part. Either way, bad press. He should have been properly concealing anyhow.

Sounds like he should have refused the breathalizer. And as quoted above, don't get into confrontations, avoid avoid avoid.

My mis, the guy in my post just charged is the village pres.