• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So much for "peaceful protests"

OC for ME

My point is that bashing or broad brushing cops is not allowed here, but here we have a cop doing just that to protesters using a site that typically exposes acts of statism. It's just ironic. He's already called them all "animals," among other things. It's a pretty blatant double standard.
"Protesters" are not a recognized protected class as is being a cop.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Mass...son-was-justified-in-shooting-an-unarmed-man/

Although I doubt some here would even accept Massad Ayoob's assessment of the shooting of Michael Brown...
"Disparity of force" is not mentioned in the RSMo. It may be a factor in a shoot/no shoot situation, which Mr. Ayoob is a well recognized expert on, but it ain't in the law.

357SigFan

"Disparity of force" is not mentioned in the RSMo. It may be a factor in a shoot/no shoot situation, which Mr. Ayoob is a well recognized expert on, but it ain't in the law.

True, however, assault on a law enforcement officer is a felony (at least the second of three Brown committed that day), and while I can't find it to save my life, I'm 99% sure there is a 'LEO specific' section of the RSMo that details authorized use of deadly force by a LEO, and I believe it states that deadly force is authorized to stop or prevent the commission of a felony (Which I think is largely the same as the 'civilian' version), which would include Assault and fleeing or evading arrest (both of which Brown committed). That satisfies the *legal* portion. Then take the disparity of force as outlined by Mr. Ayoob, that coupled with the legal aspect justifies the shoot.

Primus

True, however, assault on a law enforcement officer is a felony (at least the second of three Brown committed that day), and while I can't find it to save my life, I'm 99% sure there is a 'LEO specific' section of the RSMo that details authorized use of deadly force by a LEO, and I believe it states that deadly force is authorized to stop or prevent the commission of a felony (Which I think is largely the same as the 'civilian' version), which would include Assault and fleeing or evading arrest (both of which Brown committed). That satisfies the *legal* portion. Then take the disparity of force as outlined by Mr. Ayoob, that coupled with the legal aspect justifies the shoot.
Stop making sense... Rioters and cop haters do not want to hear this. Facts or laws mean nothing. Free TVs do.

WalkingWolf

Nothing changes that the moron invited the attack. There is no other explanation for his incompetence other than he is a moron.

You just have to wonder about the others who either will not admit he is a screw up, or they cannot see it. If they are a LEO and cannot recognize his enormous mistakes then they are prone to making the same mistakes. Darren Wilson was a danger to police officers, his apologists are also a danger if they are not any smarter than him.

Last edited:

Primus

Nothing changes that the moron invited the attack. There is no other explanation for his incompetence other than he is a moron.

You just have to wonder about the others who either will not admit he is a screw up, or they cannot see it. If they are a LEO and cannot recognize his enormous mistakes then they are prone to making the same mistakes. Darren Wilson was a danger to police officers, his apologists are also a danger if they are not any smarter than him.
Yea!

Wait.... :D

357SigFan

So basically, what you're saying is anytime a LEO initiates contact with someone, especially someone who fits the description of a perp in a recent crime, he/she is 'inviting attack'. Right :rolleyes:

Perps (relatively speaking) rarely launch an offensive attack against a LEO. 99% would flee at most because they don't want the *ss-whooping (and maybe the additional charges) assaulting a cop would likely bring. It would seem Michael Brown was a 1%er. He thought it better to attack and try to kill a cop rather than to bs the cop or just run from the beginning. Had he just run, he probably still would have ended up apprehended, but most likely would not have ended up dead. Heck, had he not been walking down the middle of the freaking street and attracting attention to himself, he may never have even been noticed to begin with and he might have gotten away with the robbery. To use your vernacular, only a moron would do something that would attract additional attention to themselves right after committing a crime.

How much good do you think it would do the LEO/community relations if every time a LEO were to initiate contact with a suspect, they called all cars and everyone came in guns drawn because the 'suspect' **might** attack?

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
How much good do you think it would do the LEO/community relations if every time a LEO were to initiate contact with a suspect, they called all cars and everyone came in guns drawn because the 'suspect' **might** attack?

Right, because the whole trigger-happy thing is working out real great in that department, amirite? :rolleyes:

If the stop was going to be for a robbery, nobody would bat an eye at waiting for backup. If the stop was for walking down the road, then maybe cops should drop the useless "proactive law enforcement" crap already.

The Truth

Well, I Yahoo searched, "Did Darren Wilson know Mike Brown robbed a store," and these are the top 2 results:

1) CONFIRMED – Officer Darren Wilson Did Know Mike Brown Was Suspect In Robbery, and Did See Stolen Cigars In His Hands Prior To Attempting Questioning….
http://theconservativetreehouse.com...in-his-hands-prior-to-attempting-questioning/

2) Ferguson Police Chief: Darren Wilson Did Not Know Michael Brown Was Suspect In 'Strong-Armed' Robbery
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/tom-jackson-michael-brown_n_5682762.html

Both were posted 8/15.

I thought that was a little weird, so I Googled as well and these were the top 2 results:

1) Ferguson Police Chief: Darren Wilson Did Not Know Michael Brown Was Suspect In 'Strong-Armed' Robbery
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/tom-jackson-michael-brown_n_5682762.html

2) Why Darren Wilson wasn't charged for killing Michael Brown
http://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7175967/darren-wilson-charges-michael-brown-ferguson

Same one as above, and a more recent article from 11/24.

Easy to understand in retrospect.

WalkingWolf

So basically, what you're saying is anytime a LEO initiates contact with someone, especially someone who fits the description of a perp in a recent crime, he/she is 'inviting attack'. Right :rolleyes:

Perps (relatively speaking) rarely launch an offensive attack against a LEO. 99% would flee at most because they don't want the *ss-whooping (and maybe the additional charges) assaulting a cop would likely bring. It would seem Michael Brown was a 1%er. He thought it better to attack and try to kill a cop rather than to bs the cop or just run from the beginning. Had he just run, he probably still would have ended up apprehended, but most likely would not have ended up dead. Heck, had he not been walking down the middle of the freaking street and attracting attention to himself, he may never have even been noticed to begin with and he might have gotten away with the robbery. To use your vernacular, only a moron would do something that would attract additional attention to themselves right after committing a crime.

Must I do this every time or are some of you actually capable of reading the transcript?

Darren Wilson testified that;

He knew the neighborhood was dangerous and a gang haven
He acknowledged that MB was HUGE man, and he was not alone
When DW told MB to get out of the street DW was rewarded with angry profanity
DW recognized that MB fitted the description of a robbery suspect
DW called for backup, it was on its way, and would have been there in a couple minutes
At this point MB was not attempting to get away, not until DW called him to the vehicle

All of the above took place, and DW testified to BEFORE DW called MB to his open window allowing a dangerous large criminal to get within striking distance. DW is a epic fail as a police officer, nobody this damn dumb should have a badge and a gun.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
There really ought to be a word for that unique breed of insult which speaks only to the insulter, managing in its inanity to say absolutely nothing at all about the insulted. :lol:

OC for ME

Here is a link to a thread where I posted the current and soon-ish to be effective RSMo that you refer to.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...se-of-force-in-Missouri&p=2112568#post2112568

DW has every right to engage a dangerous criminal who assaults him. He has every right to defend himself as does any citizen have a right to defend himself. The initiating acts are now a moot point. Disparity of force should not be selectively injected into a discussion as we engage in here. If MB would have pulled a pistol then there is no disparity of force, per se, both DW and MB would have been equals in the "force arena." Ridiculous arguments used only to illustrate that disparity of force should not be a consideration. Does the acts taken by DW conform to the law is the only consideration and the GJ has decided that his acts did conform to the law.

Redbaron007

Must I do this every time or are some of you actually capable of reading the transcript?

Darren Wilson testified that;

He knew the neighborhood was dangerous and a gang haven
He acknowledged that MB was HUGE man, and he was not alone
When DW told MB to get out of the street DW was rewarded with angry profanity
DW recognized that MB fitted the description of a robbery suspect
DW called for backup, it was on its way, and would have been there in a couple minutes
At this point MB was not attempting to get away, not until DW called him to the vehicle

All of the above took place, and DW testified to BEFORE DW called MB to his open window allowing a dangerous large criminal to get within striking distance. DW is a epic fail as a police officer, nobody this damn dumb should have a badge and a gun.

Your opinions always crack me up!! :lol: