• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so what point is it legal to pull ur gun on some one?

rhoonah

imported post

I still think that you need to reevalutate your motivations... carrying a firearm shouldn't fall into the category of "trying new things" either. It is a a serious decision that should be made by serious people, not someone looking for a thrill on the weekend.

john118242

imported post

rhoonah wrote:
I still think that you need to reevalutate your motivations... carrying a firearm shouldn't fall into the category of "trying new things" either. It is a a serious decision that should be made by serious people, not someone looking for a thrill on the weekend.
im not looking for a thrill . i am looking for a new experience and protection and i am taking it serious i have taken the proper steps on owning a fire on like signing up for classes and going to the range to shoot and learn the most i can and i have been reading some books . it is our second amendment right also . i dont think its a joke i grew up in rochester new york where there were alot of punks carrying illegal guns shooting people i know the proper and inproper ways of use of a gun .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

john118242 wrote:
rhoonah wrote:
im not looking for a thrill . i am looking for a new experience and protection and i am taking it serious i have taken the proper steps on owning a fire on like signing up for classes and going to the range to shoot and learn the most i can and i have been reading some books . it is our second amendment right also . i dont think its a joke i grew up in rochester new york where there were alot of punks carrying illegal guns shooting people i know the proper and inproper ways of use of a gun .
Taking on a serious project with a responsible attitude is good - nothing wrong with that and a lot right with it.

Have to admit, I still get a kick out of a day at the range and love to hunt, whether I see any game or not on a given day. These are some of the more pleasant moments in my life.

Carrying throughout my daily routine is a natural obligation and I accept full responsibility for doing so; however it is an activity of which I never speak in a joking manner or with casual rhetoric - it is too serious and I will not have my words bite me in the posterior.

Good to see you taking it seriously too.

Yata hey

john118242

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
john118242 wrote:
rhoonah wrote:
Taking on a serious project with a responsible attitude is good - nothing wrong with that and a lot right with it.

Have to admit, I still get a kick out of a day at the range and love to hunt, whether I see any game or not on a given day. These are some of the more pleasant moments in my life.

Carrying throughout my daily routine is a natural obligation and I accept full responsibility for doing so; however it is an activity of which I never speak in a joking manner or with casual rhetoric - it is too serious and I will not have my words bite me in the posterior.

Good to see you taking it seriously too.

Yata hey
:) the way i am taking my growing up experience is the time to be responsable is now and i take smart steps to the adult world and soaking in the adult things i can do . i do admit i have screwed up once with a gun a bb gun but a gun . nothing serious came out of it but it could have been more serious . kind of a few laughs and a mind check of what could of gone worse and what i could of done better nothing legal just yuonger age and not knowing kind of thing live and learn and i know soo many of you are going to post so many negative things about that and i understand you cant learn if your dead cause firearms kill and all that stuff but i learned before i got to the big boy guns . i know the whole treat every guy like its loaded and that it can kill no matter how big or powerful . i do have alot to learn with everything and i want to learn anything and everything i can . i do understand the carrying/operation of a gun is 90 percent mental . if i am having a bad day or mad or off day i know not to carry that day because just maybe something could happen and i know people will bash at that also but i can back myself up on that when you do :) guns are my interest and i injoy shooting and have pride in sticking up for my rights . i thought earlier today how many people really do conceal carry around me? and i freaked out because honestly i wouldint know who the hell is or not my best freinds dad ha for 15 yaers and i have knowne him for i think 5 and i didint even know he owned a gun its scarey but good in a way .

jay75009

good rule of thumb when drawing a weapon. Only do it if your life or the life of another person is in immidiate true danger. only do it if the bad guy is using equal or greater force than your firearm. some scenarios..........

guy walks up on you , brandishes a knife says hes going to kill you if you dont do "blank" ..........YES acceptable to draw.

you see 3 thugs with guns or knives robbing an elderly woman outside sevies............YES acceptable to draw.

guy gets drunk and pissed cause your dating his ex, shows up at your house with a 12GA ........YES acceptable to draw.

guy at a party gets unruly and decks you in the face........NO not acceptable to draw

man threatens you over a card game........no do not draw.

guy pisses you off and makes out with your girlfriend...........NOOOO do not draw hahah

basically the way i carry is . if im gonnda draw it, im gonna use it, no "stay back" no "i have a gun" no "get on the ground" , just draw, touch press, bang. that in itself governs for me when its acceptable to draw a weapon. if you dont have to put the SOB down.......its not worth pulling in the first place. ;-)

john118242

good rule of thumb when drawing a weapon. Only do it if your life or the life of another person is in immidiate true danger. only do it if the bad guy is using equal or greater force than your firearm. some scenarios..........

guy walks up on you , brandishes a knife says hes going to kill you if you dont do "blank" ..........YES acceptable to draw.

you see 3 thugs with guns or knives robbing an elderly woman outside sevies............YES acceptable to draw.

guy gets drunk and pissed cause your dating his ex, shows up at your house with a 12GA ........YES acceptable to draw.

guy at a party gets unruly and decks you in the face........NO not acceptable to draw

man threatens you over a card game........no do not draw.

guy pisses you off and makes out with your girlfriend...........NOOOO do not draw hahah

basically the way i carry is . if im gonnda draw it, im gonna use it, no "stay back" no "i have a gun" no "get on the ground" , just draw, touch press, bang. that in itself governs for me when its acceptable to draw a weapon. if you dont have to put the SOB down.......its not worth pulling in the first place. ;-)

i love ur response :) great way to put it . i have done around 8 months of researching now and have shot a few guns now and i have the feel for it i have not mastered or nothing obviously but one thing that urges (dumb word i know ) is my rich freinds who think they know everything because his wife is in law school learning the law doesint know but learning and he thinks its illegal to own a handgun under 21 completely so he pisses me off sometimes because i know you can legally own one does any one know the rsa or law i can pacifically point him to ?

doobie

FYI: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2010/HB0160.html (of course it starts Jan 1st 2011)...

IV. A person who responds to a threat which would be considered by a reasonable person as likely to cause serious bodily injury or death to the person or to another by displaying a firearm or other means of self-defense with the intent to warn away the person making the threat shall not have committed a criminal act under this section.

Observations

Castle Doctrine

I corresponded yesterday with 2 NH state reps and 1 NH state senator. Feeling is that Jenn Coffee will likely introduce a new "Castle Doctrine" bill, now that we have a few more republicans elected to NH state legislature. It is thought that, even though Gov Lynch vetoed the last attempt, there will be enough legislators to override another veto this time. Yessssssssss!