• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So What's The Status?

carry for myself

they killed it here in Maine. hopefully NH has more luck. have not looked into it yet. Good luck guys. if you get it. im moving haha

Rattrapper

Looks like it might get tied up in the senate, in committee. It appears there was an amendment placed on it with the support of GONH the NRA affiliate. The Amendment needs to removed. This needs to come out in the version that the house voted on, or it may die. Everyone needs to call thier senator and move the bill without the amendment.

mvpel

Article 2a is a single sentence. How can something as byzantine as HB330 considered "constitutional carry?"

"Constitutional carry" would mean decriminalizing all forms of concealed and open carry, with or without a license. The entire bill could read "RSA Section 159:4 is hereby repealed. Effective date: upon passage." Done and done.

This bill tries to do so, but in the process reinforces a whole bunch of other grievously anti-gun laws, including a ban on possession of any firearm while on a snowmobile, and offers up a laundry list of confusing and contradictory provisions sure to keep lawyers fully employed. They had to have a floor amendment to avoid incorporating a gun-free school zone and 18 other pages worth of federal gun control by reference to 18 USC 922!

Rattrapper

NRA sent out thier usual spin. They really need to stay out of New Hampshire's business, unless asked for it.

This bill was on a fastrack to passage, with a super majority in both house and senate supporting it. NRA through its minions GO-NH got involved and had amendments added that were not called for.

This was a good bill that would have done away with the need for a license, Yet also provided for an optional license for those traveling to states that honor New Hampshires License.

So NRA will get NO MORE MONEY FROM ME!!!

Last edited: