• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

edit; A posting fo all those that OC/CC south of the city of Seattle to Olympia....nothing more nothing less....trying to make OC as normal and pleasant as anything else that is legal!

12/21 Twin Lakes Fred Meyer (Federal Way)...with 15yo daughter...never a problem, no one noticed. I was in the store about an hour, returned some clothing and bought groceries.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well first of all there has to be more in the south sound.... re edited OP so others will be inspired...

A little mix today...

12/26 Tacoma Mall....CC with the daughters as the mall is well.....they don't like it

12/26 back to Federal Way and Sports Clips on 348th...OC... no issues as the girls have seen it before....

12/26 Southcenter Mall....CC with the daughters because they don't like it...

12/26 Discount Guns....no issue (sign on door posted...reads 'do not unholster your....' that should be the rule everywhere...

12/26 Seatac Safeway on Hwy 99..... OC with the daughters in tow, picked up a few items with no issue....

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Sorry OT but.....

discount gun sales by southcenter, is not the friendliest place.......and I am not sure where the "discount" is either.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First, there has to be more carrying than me in the South Sound (Big Area!)

12/27 Starbucks on 99/272nd 10 min. to get coffee and hang with my daughters.

12/27 IKEA (CC, duh there stupid signs) with my two teenage daughters in hand looking for a futon.

12/27 Mor furniture across the street from IKEA, with literally 20+ sales associates they all saw me.

12/27 Moe's furniture in Fedway, about 15 minutes, two female employees, no issues.

12/27 Sleep Country in Fedway, about 1/2 hour only two employees and one helping me and my girls. She never batted an eye just gave us great customer service.

Unicorn

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Sorry OT but.....

discount gun sales by southcenter, is not the friendliest place.......and I am not sure where the "discount" is either.

Federal Way Discount Guns, which I assume the poster meant, is NOT the same as Discount Gun Sales. Federal Way Gun Sales is a decent place, and their prices are reasonable.

Back on topic, I've only OCed a few places. A 7-11 on Bridgeport, and well that's about all I can think of. I'm sure I've printed and had the holster become visible, but I don't really care about that anymore. If it's seen it's seen.
I don't count work since it is a gunstore (that doesn't care if you OC as long as you don't just pull your out without saying anything) nor the business located next to us, since they are our landlords and know all of us.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First of all, put two and two together...I was at Southcenter...therefore it was Discount Guns of Southcenter.... I did not speak for there helpfulness or prices, as for those who have issues with things like that, I find that the more you stop in to a place and say hello and talk (what I call pre shopping) the more in the long run they will favor you. So Poo...just stop in and say hello, chat about something that you know and say thank you....this is great if you plan to buy in the future.

12/29 Albertsons on 99 in Federal Way. No issues.

12/29 Arco on Dashpoint near the Metropolitin Market. no issues

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

12/31 Fred Meyer Gas @ Twin Lakes

12/31 Safeway @ Twin Lakes

12/31 WSLCB....Liquor Store @ Twin Lakes

no issues today.....just smiles

I can't be the only one in the South Sound who carries....come on guys let's build this thread and give confidence to the newbie's!

Squeak

imported post

Let me see..........9am,OC family pancake house, then off to the credit union, then to the hardware store, McDonalds for a quick cup-o-jo, home, then back to Lowes, twice. Yesterday,Lowes, Fred Meyer, and then to Kmart and over to Office depot, and again to McD for my free coffee, then I forgot. The only negative thing said to me was at Office Depot. The mgr told me to behave myself and no discount. Oh, at Lowes, the gal clerk told me I still had to pay for my stuff. WAIT!! I stopped at my sister's house and 'popped' a wild cat for her. Took 2 shots! She asked me if I would get into trouble. WHAT? You called animal control, the cat attacks you and you need 2 stitches. And you ask if I'll get into trouble? She's a blond, so I guess that's all I need to say. So then I get home and decide to get the tractor. Left my 38 on the table. BIG mistake. I hear a little noise next to the tractor and a coyote is looking at me. Next thing, he's gone. I don't think he was trying to steal it or anything - his legs are too short to use the clutch.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1/2 Les Schwaub @ Southcenter to have my emergency brake looked at. As I was getting out of the car the mechanic says "I hope you don't get mad at me..." Ugh!

1/2 Starbucks on 348th/Hwy 99

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
1/2 Les Schwaub @ Southcenter to have my emergency brake looked at. As I was getting out of the car the mechanic says "I hope you don't get mad at me..." Ugh!

1/2 Starbucks on 348th/Hwy 99
Shoulda told Schwaubie guy, only get mad, when someone runs up on me like their gonna car jack me.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1/3 Puyallup Fred Meyer gas

1/3 Puyallup Starbucks

1/4 Twim Lakes Fred Meyer

1/4 Twin Lakes Tully's coffee

1/4 Twin lakes newly remodeled Safeway

again, no issues

Squeak

imported post

Sat went to Harbor Frt. The salesman asked what I had. Told him a Taurus 9mm. He said kool. I told him I would have gotten a coyote but left my gun in the house. He asked , how do you fix them? Are they very good? I just told him they taste like chicken!:lol:

neddis

imported post

I have OCd around Sumner and Bonney lake, but can't remember the specifics, it's been a while since I have visited. I know for sure that I have been in the Sumner Fred Meyer though.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Squeak wrote:
Sat went to Harbor Frt. The salesman asked what I had. Told him a Taurus 9mm. He said kool. I told him I would have gotten a coyote but left my gun in the house. He asked , how do you fix them? Are they very good? I just told him they taste like chicken!:lol:
If you put some of my salsa on them they taste like filet mignon

Sparky508

imported post

Here's a list of South end places I frequently OC at. I haven't had a problem at any of them to date. Mostly positive experiences actually.

Fred Meyer, Graham

Wall Mart, Graham

Circle K

7-11 Puyallup

Win-Co, Graham (Several very positive outings at this location)

Bank of America, Graham, Federal Way

Safeway, Graham and Orting

Work Sports and More, Orting

Jo An's Fabrics, Puyallup (suprising considering the 2,000 borderline hystericalwomen inside......):celebrate

Home Depot ,Puyallup

Lowes, Puyallup

Game Stop, Puyallup

StarBucks, Sumner

McClendons, Sumner, Puyallup

Dell's Farm Supply, Spanaway, and Auburn

Hinshaw's Honda, Auburn

Shucks Auto, Graham

ACEHardware,Graham.

(Edited: To finish thought process..........)

So far theSouth end has been no problem for me. Although my wife and I had a very loooong discussion last night about the whol open carry process vs why don't I just cover up.