• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block - SGB immediate relief for PTSD sufferers

solus

FYI...per CBS 60 minutes this evening...

The procedure, is only available in 12 of the 172 VA hospitals, and is commonly used since the 1920s for treating chronic pain, consists of injecting a local anesthetic into a cluster of nerves deep in the neck called the stellate ganglion. Dr. Michael Alkire of the Long Beach, California, VA is studying how SGB works by pinpointing the changes in the parts of the brain affected by PTSD. He says 80 percent of his SGB patients had relief from depression and suicidal thoughts. He was shocked at first, "Because there's very few things in medicine that work that quickly," he says. When Whitaker characterizes SGB as "rebooting" the veterans' brains, Dr. Alkire responds, "A very good way to think of it."

The effects of SGB can last up to six months, for some even longer. SGB is not a cure, but for PTSD sufferers...

The Army is now funding the first clinical trial of SGB. Says Bolduc, "I think [SGB is] hugely important and it needs to be an intervention that's part of every post-traumatic stress therapy."

Results shown during the show were immediate...quite amazing that there may be something on the immediate horizon to assist ptsd sufferers.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
God has given us whatever we need to cure just about anything. We just have to discover it. But with that said, God isn't going to let any of us get out alive.

OC for ME

Soon to be mandatory when a citizen is "diagnosed" to have PTSD [like] "symptoms."

...or...

lo·bot·o·my - /ləˈbädəmē/ : noun: lobotomy; plural noun: lobotomies : a surgical operation involving incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, formerly used to treat mental illness.

solus

Soon to be mandatory when a citizen is "diagnosed" to have PTSD [like] "symptoms."

...or...

lo·bot·o·my - /ləˈbädəmē/ : noun: lobotomy; plural noun: lobotomies : a surgical operation involving incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, formerly used to treat mental illness.

Humm, incision? Nawlll just a long probe thru the eye socket or nose...

!1560769903745.jpeg