• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spotsy BOS to discuss "discharging of firearms" tomorrow

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

At roughly 4:45PM on Tuesday, February 12, the Spotsylvania County Board of Supervisors will discuss "discharging of firearms." This is a follow-up to action requested by the Board after some homes were struck by gunshot. The executive summary for this agenda item says county staff is recommending no action or ordinance changes.

The agenda is at http://tinyurl.com/3e4s46

See VA-Alert item 3, VA-Alert item 8, and Spotsy Planning Commission minutes for the history leading up to this.

67GT390FB

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
At roughly 4:45PM on Tuesday, February 12, the Spotsylvania County Board of Supervisors will discuss "discharging of firearms." This is a follow-up to action requested by the Board after some homes were struck by gunshot. The executive summary for this agenda item says county staff is recommending no action or ordinance changes.

The agenda is at http://tinyurl.com/3e4s46

See VA-Alert item 3, VA-Alert item 8, and Spotsy Planning Commission minutes for the history leading up to this.
I would still reccommend getting as many hunters as possible to this meeting to make sure the BOS doesn't make a last minute change.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I agree and have posted this info to OCDO, XDTalk, and THR (only places I frequent that seems appropriate).

If the tides do change, it won't happen tomorrow. There isn't a public hearing advertised on this topic for tomorrow. They must hold a hearing before the ordinance can be adopted.

And, you'd have to question the BOS's intelligence to go against the sheriff's recommendation.