• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stalked during my Walk today...

rushcreek2

Sorry - I'll not be citing anything . My comment was intended as a general observation. I fail to see the need to address such a comment with a citation. Then again - I feel pretty safe "citing" my own OPINION that "such laws" are most often motivated by the "brandishing" concerns mentioned.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Sorry - I'll not be citing anything . My comment was intended as a general observation. I fail to see the need to address such a comment with a citation. Then again - I feel pretty safe "citing" my own OPINION that "such laws" are most often motivated by the "brandishing" concerns mentioned.

OK. You are wrong, in error and incorrect.

Last edited:

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
(In [his] opinion,) [t]he intent of such laws restricting licensed OPEN carry is to address the potential for unlawful "brandishing" of a weapon - but most states' disorderly conduct laws already address that concern.

When one isn't satisfied with the way a forum member expresses an opinion, why beat that member up over it?

In my opinion, that form of behavior qualifies as internet bullying or acting like a keyboard commando. It doesn't solve anything and only serves to discourage healthy discourse.

There are all sorts of ways one could have addressed this, like asking for a clarification over whether this is an opinion or a belief based upon some reference.

sawah

When one isn't satisfied with the way a forum member expresses an opinion, why beat that member up over it?

In my opinion, that form of behavior qualifies as internet bullying or acting like a keyboard commando. It doesn't solve anything and only serves to discourage healthy discourse.

There are all sorts of ways one could have addressed this, like asking for a clarification over whether this is an opinion or a belief based upon some reference.

You should read the rules of this forum which say you should provide a cite for any legal commentary. This is a unique forum and I think it makes sense to politely ask for a cite. In fact it probably would be a good idea to do that for any forum you use, providing a link to something, even a wiki or a scientific database like PubMed. It keeps things from digressing into name calling (as you did).

You might have had good intentions, but you were the one calling the poster a name (keyboard commando). It's undeserved and you should apologize, IMO.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I'll tell you one thing that is for damn sure; I'm GLAD I was armed!!!!!

Documentation.....you did the right thing in reporting this. The LEOs did what LEOs do and he was located and identified. Now if it escalates, you have documentation. If it is not on paper.....it did not happen. Go to the range and lose some of that adrenalin....make a target that looks like your stalker.

And by the way..........GOOD JOB!! Keep Calm and Carry On

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
You should read the rules of this forum which say you should provide a cite for any legal commentary. This is a unique forum and I think it makes sense to politely ask for a cite. In fact it probably would be a good idea to do that for any forum you use, providing a link to something, even a wiki or a scientific database like PubMed. It keeps things from digressing into name calling (as you did).

You might have had good intentions, but you were the one calling the poster a name (keyboard commando). It's undeserved and you should apologize, IMO.

1) I have read the rules. My point was that I read the poster's comments to be his/her opinion as opposed to a statement of fact. There is no need to "cite" for an opinion.

2) Check my words again. I didn't label a person as a keyboard commando. I opined that the behavior qualified as such.

3) I won't apologize for having an opinion, especially since I was calling for the members here to get off their high horses and stop berating people for raising their opinions. If this forum were limited to content consisting of facts that could be cited, there wouldn't be much discussion...

sudden valley gunner

I'll tell you one thing that is for damn sure; I'm GLAD I was armed!!!!!

Documentation.....you did the right thing in reporting this. The LEOs did what LEOs do and he was located and identified. Now if it escalates, you have documentation. If it is not on paper.....it did not happen. Go to the range and lose some of that adrenalin....make a target that looks like your stalker.

And by the way..........GOOD JOB!! Keep Calm and Carry On

+1 registered mail to city hall too, my experience is complaints disappear.

j4l

"The guy practically hung out his window & yelled to me "do you live alone?"

correct answer: "No, my .45 auto and I are constant companions" :)

to OP, might have been nothing, but go with the instincts. If something feels hinky, it's usually hinky. And, if not, then no harm-no foul.
Spread the word to neighbors, local PD, etc. and let em know to just stay alert.

j4l

Lighten-up, Francis..

Last edited:

armaborealis

Sounds like we need to make some tshirts with a large arrow pointing to the right (or left!) hip, a dashed outline of a cocked and locked 1911 on the hip, and large bold text stating, "I am carrying a concealed weapon. Have a nice day."

The weapon remains technically concealed per SC statute but still gets the point across.

Glad you are safe and everything is ok.

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
Sounds like we need to make some tshirts with a large arrow pointing to the right (or left!) hip, a dashed outline of a cocked and locked 1911 on the hip, and large bold text stating, "I am carrying a concealed weapon. Have a nice day."

The weapon remains technically concealed per SC statute but still gets the point across.

We almost have that part covered. See my Zazzle page to see the t-shirts I created for Momma and I to wear. You'll see the "Without this shirt I'd be open carrying" one:

http://www.zazzle.com/freedomftw

What's funny is I created those shirts on Zazzle just for Momma and I, but my products are selling pretty steadily. My SC oriented open carry shirt is even selling. Too bad I can't see who's buying the shirts.

Also, I've seen a t-shirt that has a dotted outline of a 1911 close to where the shirt covers the hips. I can't remember the verbiage on it though. I think a member here on opencarry.org made it, but I can't find it anymore.

Well at 01:03 he DID roll through that stop sign...just sayin XD

Holy cow, talk about a blast from the past.

20675999.jpg

Last edited: