• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks no loger Open Carry (or CC) friendly.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Several have posted that they have sent their Starbucks cards to corporate with a letter and received a check for the card's value.

But I like the smelly bum idea.

mikeyb

One commentary said he's a soldier overseas (they have SBX?), so in context it's not threatening or abnormal.

Wiki: Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 20,891 stores in 62 countries, including 13,279 in the United States, 1,324 in Canada, 989 in Japan, 851 in the People's Republic of China, 806 in the United Kingdom, 556 in South Korea, 377 in Mexico, 291 in Taiwan, 206 in the Philippines, 179 in Turkey, 171 in Thailand, and 167 in Germany.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MKEgal
One commentary said he's a soldier overseas (they have SBX?), so in context it's not threatening or abnormal.
Wiki: Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 20,891 stores in 62 countries, including 13,279 in the United States, 1,324 in Canada, 989 in Japan, 851 in the People's Republic of China, 806 in the United Kingdom, 556 in South Korea, 377 in Mexico, 291 in Taiwan, 206 in the Philippines, 179 in Turkey, 171 in Thailand, and 167 in Germany.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Excluding the USA, in how many of these countries would the open display of a long gun in the manner depicted be allowed and not draw a response from the local constabulary?

Guessing that the answer would be zero.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just found this on the HighRoad regarding the picture:

"I find it ironic that the same photo is also posted several times with the caption "This is why we can't have nice things!". Since that is a Sailor, serving his country half way around the world, either on his way to or from a combat zone, I feel the more appropriate caption would be "This is why we CAN have nice things in America!"
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-729114.html

Poor Grape ... thinking that a soldier defends his rights to have things. A common misconception.

A soldier can only take rights away, never give them.

Our biggest and best armies are called the Pacific and Atlantic oceans and its armed citizens....not some navy kid 12,000 miles away.

To protect our homeland, I doubt we even need a military. Hawaii being the exception ~ but I could lose that state and be OK with it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The Internet says the photo was in Kuwait. I've never been there to know.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Poor Grape ... thinking that a soldier defends his rights to have things. A common misconception.

A soldier can only take rights away, never give them.

Our biggest and best armies are called the Pacific and Atlantic oceans and its armed citizens....not some navy kid 12,000 miles away.

To protect our homeland, I doubt we even need a military. Hawaii being the exception ~ but I could lose that state and be OK with it.

I may not be rich in your terms, but I surely am not poor - I have an abundance of things that mean a lot to me and most cannot be purchased at any price.

I will not and have never slurred, slandered or insulted our armed forces by innuendo or otherwise.

The oceans have become mere farm yard ponds instead of the formidable barriers they once were.

I won't even address your remark about Hawaii at this time - it is enough to have quoted it, thereby preserving it. Although it would be fun to watch if you moved there and took on the RKBA battle personally AND yes I would be cheering for you to win. Might be more telling if you cleaned your home state first though.

mikeyb

Excluding the USA, in how many of these countries would the open display of a long gun in the manner depicted be allowed and not draw a response from the local constabulary?

I was actually answering the question of the existence of SBUX outside of the US.

And building on your question, even if that happened in the US, I think a response from LE would be not out of the question, seeing how he is holding the shotgun.

WalkingWolf

Keep in mind that some if not many European countries the constabulary walk in many business in the very fashion of the photo~with a rifle or sub machine pistol held in the hands. At certain times in our history our own NG has done the same, with nary a eyebrow raised.

Aknazer

A ***girl reference...wow...

For those that don't know who ***girl is, I highly recommend you to NOT google it unless you're into one defacating in a manner that it lands in their own face...

Last edited by a moderator:

Primus

A ***girl reference...wow...

For those that don't know who ***girl is, I highly recommend you to NOT google it unless you're into one defacating in a manner that it lands in their own face...

Why did you tell me not to..... I just googled it....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: