• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sticks and stones...

solus

CNN & AP quote,
McConnell said at a news conference Tuesday that political rhetoric has gotten "way, way overheated across the political spectrum." He pointed to Democratic comments, saying "we've seen the far left throw accusations of racism at everyone."

He also took a mild swipe at Trump, saying everyone "from the president to the speaker to the freshmen members of the House" should take a lesson from the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who said he attacked ideas, not people.

Good advice from the late Jurist!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It is about time someone address this post.

Isn't attacking the idea concomitantly attacking those people harboring such idea?

Last edited:

FreedomVA

Racism is part of this country is it's ingrained in our society and the American culture, accept it and move on.

solus

Racism is part of this country is it's ingrained in our society and the American culture, accept it and move on.

Only this country?

The Turks and Armenians
The CCCP “former people”
The Nazis of course come to mind
Numerous African countries ~ Zulu and of course Rwanda most notable
India’s caste system

But of course only Americans can exhibit that kinda behaviour...right?

FreedomVA

Racism is a human condition. Respect for, and the promotion of, individual liberty is the antithesis of racism. Should be obvious to everyone...except liberals, of course.

Racism is a learned habit, you are not born with hate or racism in you.

solus

...we all do know what the definition of racism is...and not the false definition used by liberals...

My commentary wasn’t criticism per se but rather to show this is not a new phenomenon nor an exclusive American issue nor strictly black/white/Hispanic/asian/Native/whomever just to keep the conversation open focus not specific ethnicities, much to the chagrin of some...

solus

im not a racist, just prejudice to some

Go plop your derrière in the middle of CAR or Ivorie Coast, or Bots or western Türkiye or Mogadishu or Teheran for a couple months...then see if your perception of prejudice changes

FreedomVA

Go plop your derrière in the middle of CAR or Ivorie Coast, or Bots or western Türkiye or Mogadishu or Teheran for a couple months...then see if your perception of prejudice changes

wouldn't be closer if i just to to downtown S.E Washington DC and get the same experience?

solus

wouldn't be closer if i just to to downtown S.E Washington DC and get the same experience?

Nawl...your mental perception is constantly reminded your derrière is still sitting in the land of the free, America, and protected by our constitution and you can explain yourself and action in your native language ~ english!

Put yourself some place where you can’t communicate with the natives and your ‘activities’, which you considered innocent or innocuous, violated the local country’s customs or laws...ya raise your hand and demand your lawyer or demand to speak to the local US embassy consular officer to get your derrière out...

Sorry freedomva, sitting in S.E.DC would not even begin to replicate your experience in the places i mentioned...

OC for ME

...seeing as this is a 2A site, dedicated to restoring our unfettered right to exercise our 2A in a peaceable manner anywhere we have I right to be...and seeing as no other country on this God's green earth has a 2A guarantee...well, you may draw your own conclusions...