• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

still sheriff but can't carry service firearm

solus

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3533755.shtml#.U-6cDvldVio

not sure how the citizens feel about this situation:

After Tafoya bonded out of jail, he called the FBI and reported the incident.

Both men (sheriff and son) are charged with conspiracy against free exercise of civil rights, deprivation of rights and aiding and abetting and falsification of documents. Rodella is also facing a charge of brandishing a firearm.

ipse

Last edited:

AH.74

Thanks for posting- I hadn't heard about this.

What is it with some of these Sheriffs? The guy up here in Santa Fe a few years ago is now a convicted felon for stealing and selling county property.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sheriffs are elected officials ... being able to shoot is not a requirement. Could a disabled quadriplegic be a sheriff...sure.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
If you live in NM or know a bit more about it than tourists do, you're probably aware that the town of Espanola is also known as "Espancholo."

So, I'm not surprised by gangster-punk bully/intimidate/assault behavior there, but am a tad surprised said behavior was by a LEO.

Last edited: