• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Tillicum for Foxhole and Library Visit

Tacitus42

Not familiar with that specific area but from the sounds of this thread there seems to be a school near?

In the video the guy makes it seem like he doesn't have his CPL, which wouldn't it make it illegal? The guy doesn't seem to be on top of the laws on open carry.

One other question I have, is it legal for him to carrying IWB on his back side? I wouldn't call that visible

School on otherside of fence. Dont know if the police asked for his Cpl. If you can see it its visible.

hermannr

Thanks Techno . I understand the preemption as far as the library is concerned. The problem is they say they rent space from the building owners who run the Community Center . The no firearms sign is posted on the main bldg entrance. You have to enter main bldg before you can enter the library which is one tenant. I just dont know if the community center is a govt entity or not. i guess ill call Lakewood city hall

Possibly...

Property records......

3[/QUOTE]

So, who owns the building? If you look at the assessors records you should be able to tell if the city own the building or not.

Difdi

Odd thought: If you clip your CPL to your shirt, so it's fully visible, would a police officer have any kind of PC or RAS to stop you for being in a school zone while open carrying?

Levi

Odd thought: If you clip your CPL to your shirt, so it's fully visible, would a police officer have any kind of PC or RAS to stop you for being in a school zone while open carrying?

No, but he might for you to meet the mental health requirement to legally posses a firearm. ;)

Tacitus42

0101.jpgAfter a visit to Discount Guns and Ammo for some Federal HST's, stopped over in Tillicum and this sign was still on the library door. Looks like i will have to call the deputy director again.

Attachments

• 0100.jpg
    0100.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 154

Tacitus42

Deputy director is on vacation talked with her assistant Petra Mcbride today. Was told that the sign stays and i could use the back door? She also said " the sign doesn't cause the library problems, just you". :banghead:After directing her to pic of sign i sent director, she said she would ask community center to move sign to other side of door and get back to me tomorrow. As far as the community center, which was built by Pierce County with federal funds, looks like i'll have to deal with them next. UHHHG!

Tacitus42

Got a call back from Petra. Was told sign was moved from door (right side of double doors) to the other side of double doors (left door) away from the Pierce County Library signage. So in summary , sign stays on front door.Told to ignore sign if using library ( and hope another patron doesn't call the police). Tillicum Community Center is a 501 C3 nonprofit funded federally and from City of Lakewood, along with private donations. If anyone in Lakewood wants to continue this ,maybe a FOIA request on lease from Lakewood. Otherwise i'll just stay away, far away.