• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

92FS

heres the link we need 150 signatures in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse.gov. then the goal is five thousand. The White House plans to respond to the petition when it crosses the 5,000 signature threshold http://wh.gov/g82

OldCurlyWolf

heres the link we need 150 signatures in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse.gov. then the goal is five thousand. The White House plans to respond to the petition when it crosses the 5,000 signature threshold http://wh.gov/g82

Not for enough money to keep my grandchildren going for their lives and all the generations from me to them.:mad:

What is claimed to be the basic aim of this bill should happen WITHOUT FEDERAL INTERFERENCE. :banghead::cuss:

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
It's still only 2.

The entire "We the People" scheme has been perpetrated by Obama and his Democratic WH on the masses to say, "See? There's only two of you. You can't even get 5 signatures, much less 5,000. You're all alone. No one else agrees with you. We'll not be acting on this as you obviously don't have anywhere near the following to be anything more than a flash in the pan."

So, don't buy into it. DO NOT PLAY THEIR GAME. Even if a few of you do, they can always point to lower numbers than expected. If NO ONE bits, they'll not be able to draw conclusions at all, and the system will go bye-bye.

Let me put this in more succinct terms: It's a ploy. It's a scheme. It's a sucker-punch. It's media manipulation at its worst. It's a lost cause, a lost hope, a bear trap.

Am I making myself clear, here?

This is one carrot you DON'T want to bite, as it will only lead to destruction.

That aside, one of their principle goals is to make you think this is the only way you can convey your thoughts as citizen of the United States to those who can make a difference.

Not So!

Just write your Congressman. Don't let Obama be the spokesperson for your vote!

92FS

It's still only 2.

The entire "We the People" scheme has been perpetrated by Obama and his Democratic WH on the masses to say, "See? There's only two of you. You can't even get 5 signatures, much less 5,000. You're all alone. No one else agrees with you. We'll not be acting on this as you obviously don't have anywhere near the following to be anything more than a flash in the pan."

So, don't buy into it. DO NOT PLAY THEIR GAME. Even if a few of you do, they can always point to lower numbers than expected. If NO ONE bits, they'll not be able to draw conclusions at all, and the system will go bye-bye.

Let me put this in more succinct terms: It's a ploy. It's a scheme. It's a sucker-punch. It's media manipulation at its worst. It's a lost cause, a lost hope, a bear trap.

Am I making myself clear, here?

This is one carrot you DON'T want to bite, as it will only lead to destruction.

That aside, one of their principle goals is to make you think this is the only way you can convey your thoughts as citizen of the United States to those who can make a difference.

Not So!

Just write your Congressman. Don't let Obama be the spokesperson for your vote!
I do write my congressman.But I think this bill is important to the whole gun community.So I think a little more than writing MY congressman will have to be done. .I will do everything I can to advance the freedoms of the gun community. And in the end if I fail it will not be because I have not tried my very best. Can you say that? Or will you just gripe about how we are not free and how we are losing our freedoms by the minute.Maybe that is why it takes so long to get things done for the gun community.people like yourself not willing to go the extra mile. I will let my voice be heard. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

92FS

Not for enough money to keep my grandchildren going for their lives and all the generations from me to them.:mad:

What is claimed to be the basic aim of this bill should happen WITHOUT FEDERAL INTERFERENCE. :banghead::cuss:
Yes but we know that is not going to happen anytime soon. Have a good day

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
I do write my congressman.But I think this bill is important to the whole gun community.So I think a little more than writing MY congressman will have to be done. .I will do everything I can to advance the freedoms of the gun community. And in the end if I fail it will not be because I have not tried my very best. Can you say that? Or will you just gripe about how we are not free and how we are losing our freedoms by the minute.Maybe that is why it takes so long to get things done for the gun community.people like yourself not willing to go the extra mile. I will let my voice be heard. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

+1 couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you for the support. Do what you can to spread the word.:D

You're welcome, and thank YOU for showing me one more way my voice can be heard.

Aknazer

Well I got the page to load. Some of the first words on the petition are "national standard" and I flat out don't support the feds in coming up with a national standard.

92FS

Well I got the page to load. Some of the first words on the petition are "national standard" and I flat out don't support the feds in coming up with a national standard.
so you do not support a national standard for drivers Licenses? its pretty much the same thing. thanks for checking it out
have a nice day

Redbaron007

so you do not support a national standard for drivers Licenses? its pretty much the same thing. thanks for checking it out
have a nice day

IIRC, there is no national drivers license. The states came together to reciprocate with each other's licenses; there is no federal legislation for all states to accept each other's license. :banghead:

If you find it, please share.

Thx!

tim12232

Im in support of this and have written congressmen, but I still feel like creating a whitehouse.gov account and then supporting it through that seems a little like, "oh these people have guns and must be crazy". Im not paranoid, but I dont trust the WH or Obama when it comes to my firearm freedoms!

Tim

PS I will still keep an eye on it though!

since9

Campaign Veteran
And in the end if I fail it will not be because I have not tried my very best. Can you say that? Or will you just gripe about how we are not free and how we are losing our freedoms by the minute.Maybe that is why it takes so long to get things done for the gun community.people like yourself not willing to go the extra mile. I will let my voice be heard. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

Dude, you haven't a freaking clue as to who I am, what I'm about, or just how many extra miles I've gone. Until you do, I suggest you cork it.

A chief component of doing my very best is working smarter, not harder. I refuse to be duped into using Obama's secret wish machine when his intent is to turn around and say, "See? Only two people believe this is necessary, so it's obviously not important." I won't hand him any ammunition on a silver platter. Time is a limited resource, and playing into the hands of the enemy is not smart at all. Read Sun Tzu. I know Obama has.

But if you feel like falling for Obama's scheme hook, line, and sinker, be my quest. It's still a free country.

Last edited:

92FS

IIRC, there is no national drivers license. The states came together to reciprocate with each other's licenses; there is no federal legislation for all states to accept each other's license. :banghead:

If you find it, please share.

Thx!
. I should have said the same thing you said. Just getting a little frustrated by all the negative support from the same people that should be doing everything in our power to make bills like this pass with flying colors. This petition is just a show of support to let all the people we put in charge know we support this bill. Nothing more. Sorry if I misspoke

92FS

Dude, you haven't a freaking clue as to who I am, what I'm about, or just how many extra miles I've gone. Until you do, I suggest you cork it.

A chief component of doing my very best is working smarter, not harder. I refuse to be duped into using Obama's secret wish machine when his intent is to turn around and say, "See? Only two people believe this is necessary, so it's obviously not important." I won't hand him any ammunition on a silver platter. Time is a limited resource, and playing into the hands of the enemy is not smart at all. Read Sun Tzu. I know Obama has.

But if you feel like falling for Obama's scheme hook, line, and sinker, be my quest. It's still a free country.

If you want to do nothing. That's cool with me quit bashing what I'm doing . If you don't like my thread don't look at it.or should I say put a cork in it.

John Canuck

I find it interesting that people keep referring to this as National Right to Carry. It seems Permission to Carry would be a more appropriate title.

Aknazer

have a nice day

First off there isn't a national standard for drivers licenses. Secondly I don't support a national standard for many reasons. One is that a licence shouldn't be required to exercise a right, but I understand that its going to take time to get back to that. So with a national standard its far harder to change things than to try and fix things at the state level. Another thing is that what is required should be a state thing to determine as the feds have no jurisdiction over it. Third is that if they make a national standard I see that as a fed power grab and I would be scared of what they might try to apply that precedence to in the future.

I'll support the feds in working towards restoring our rights, but I feel a national standard works against that and is too easy to manipulate should an anti-rights party gain enough control. Forcing the recognition of others permits I simply see as forcing the recognition of the full faith and credit clause; something the states were smart enough to recognize with divers licences.

kcgunfan

I find it interesting that people keep referring to this as National Right to Carry. It seems Permission to Carry would be a more appropriate title.

Sure it would, but the bill has a title, and that's what people are using. Do you think we should rename bills that we don't think are named correctly, use that amongst ourselves, and wonder why nobody knows what we're talking about?