• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supreme Court upholds HB2 - Says Hinds county judge erred. HB2 Now in effect

Kopis

They took their sweet time to render a deision! At least they got it right. Now, let us see what happens. Some have been hollering about how the sky will fall and gun fights will break out in the middle of the streets. Sort of like what is going on in Jackson right now anyway between the "gangstas." At least the honest citizens can OC with their guns as well.

That's funny you say that. I am an arkansas resident who lives just across the river from memphis (OC state) so i frequently travel to memphis and southaven for dinner or shopping. about a week before the law was originally due to take effect i was in southaven with the wife and saw four cops at a gas station so i asked them about the new law going into effect. Their response was pretty much what you said, people will be COWERING in fear if you OC, the ONLY reason anyone would want to OC is intimidate and scare citizens and there will be wild west shoot outs if we have OC!!!

I didnt pick an arguement with them but i did respond that TN has full OC and ive never seen or had an issue myself with it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I OC for the sole purpose of watching Virginians cower in my wake.

Unfortunately, so far I've been disappointed. 6 years and counting, and not a single cowerer! :( I should probably switch to wearing a turban or something.

:p

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That's funny you say that. I am an arkansas resident who lives just across the river from memphis (OC state) so i frequently travel to memphis and southaven for dinner or shopping. about a week before the law was originally due to take effect i was in southaven with the wife and saw four cops at a gas station so i asked them about the new law going into effect. Their response was pretty much what you said, people will be COWERING in fear if you OC, the ONLY reason anyone would want to OC is intimidate and scare citizens and there will be wild west shoot outs if we have OC!!!

I didnt pick an arguement with them but i did respond that TN has full OC and ive never seen or had an issue myself with it.

"Full" OC? You mean you can OC if you have obtained the GOVERNMENT's permission? Kentucky has "full" OC, not TN.

Kopis

"Full" OC? You mean you can OC if you have obtained the GOVERNMENT's permission? Kentucky has "full" OC, not TN.

I fully agree with getting a license to carry a firearm. I see lots of people that shouldnt drive, let alone carry a firearm. we could discuss it all day though im sure.

georg jetson

I fully agree with getting a license to carry a firearm. I see lots of people that shouldnt drive, let alone carry a firearm. we could discuss it all day though im sure.

The fed gov nor the states have the authority to license a right. You do understand that correct?

MSRebel54

kopis said:

The fed gov nor the states have the authority to license a right. You do understand that correct?

I've heard it many times before, even from people that were supposedly "knowledgeable". They will say something like, "You have to have a license to drive a car, why shouldn't you have to have a license to carry a gun?"

Well the last time I checked, "the right of the people to own and drive cars shall not be infringed" was not in the Bill of Rights. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed was, however.

Most people don't know the difference between a right and a privilege. And some people even think that the Constitution or Bill of Rights "grants" people their rights. No more so than it grants the property of heavy to gold. It is inherent and cannot be removed. The BOR just lists some rights that it spelled out for the government NEVER to interfere with. Not that they ever listened of course!

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
Hells teeth mate! You don't seem to realize that RIGHTS and privileges are OPPOSITES! To quote a good personal friend of mine Michael Badnarik: All of our political problems can be traced back to a single, simple, misunderstanding. Americans have forgotten (or never knew) the difference between RIGHTS and Privileges.
(PLEASE READ THIS):
[url]http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/sites/default/files/files-misc/chapter_two.pdf[/URL]

A RIGHT is something that you can do without asking for permission, such as walking back and forth on your property. A privilege is something you require permission to do, such as walking back and forth across my property. I may grant you the privilege of walking across my property - BUT - I can revoke that privilege any time I wish. Rights and privileges are opposites! Either you need permission - or you don't. You can't lose "some" of your virginity, or be "a little bit" pregnant. You either are or you're not. There's no middle ground.