• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supremes asked to open door to interstate handgun sales

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Firearms Iinstuctor

The court has had plenty of chances to up hold the 2nd amendment.

A simple shall not infringe ruling, means shall not infringe, would do away with all the infringements.

But so far the courts have refuse to even mention that part of the 2nd amendment.

There is always hope but most judges are not neutral they have a political agenda that isn't always in sink with the constitution

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The court has had plenty of chances to up hold the 2nd amendment.

A simple shall not infringe ruling, means shall not infringe, would do away with all the infringements.

But so far the courts have refuse to even mention that part of the 2nd amendment.

There is always hope but most judges are not neutral they have a political agenda that isn't always in sink with the constitution
Excuse me, Chief Justice John Roberts says federal judges don't have biases.

I have a bridge for sale.

solus

Excuse me, Chief Justice John Roberts says federal judges don't have biases.

I have a bridge for sale.

dog gone-it, i was going to offer the bridge...guess i'll just settle to offer my share(s) in the huge wooden aeroplane stored in OR instead.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm amazed at how rampantly the courts ignore "shall not be infringed." I'm even more amazed at how pathetically ignorant most Americans are about how the courts' subterfuge infringes on THEIR rights and freedoms.

CJ4wd

There was a recent court decision from, IIRC, the 3rd Circuit with a 2-1 split decision against the Second. In the article I read, they pointed out the judges used "intermediate scrutiny" instead of "strict scrutiny" which is normally used in other BoR cases.
(edited to add) It was the Ammoland article in this thread - https://vb.opencarry.org/index.php?...rd-circuit-court-op-ed-interpretation.137161/

Also, Kavanaugh voted WITH the libs and Planned Parenthood so he may not be as "conservative" as we would hope.

since9

Campaign Veteran
No, Kavanaugh is definitely not any sort of strict conservative. In fact, President Trump picked him as his nominee for precisely that reason. Unfortunately, the Democrats are so unbelievably hard over against everything Trump says or does that they reacted as if Trump had picked Satan himself. That's what blew my mind about their reaction. Kavanaugh was about as middle of the road as you're going to find without going over to the other side.

I'm thinking (hoping) he's only been voting with the libs while licking his wounds, that he's going to straighten up, find his spine, and start voting in accordance with the U.S. Constitution here in short order. Time will tell. If he doesn't, if he votes to further undermine our Constitution, I'll type a "What the hell?" letter and send it upstairs asking, "Respectfully, WHY?"

hammer6

I'm amazed at how rampantly the courts ignore "shall not be infringed." I'm even more amazed at how pathetically ignorant most Americans are about how the courts' subterfuge infringes on THEIR rights and freedoms.

you're right- it's not about the guns to me, it's about the RIGHT that people who don't "like guns" seem to be so eager to throw away. it's a shame they can't comprehend the only reason why we have the amount of freedom we do today is because of the millions of americans that own guns. smh