• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Survival shop reports jump in sales..people preparing for possible collapse..

okboomer

Yeah, I think a lot of American's are going to be better off than some might expect if SHTF.

I belong to a hardcore prepper group and their main concern is the people that will be fleeing the metro areas and being innundated by folks less prepared than them, or roving gangs intent on killing for what the preppers have.

I know that the only thing we are actually needing at this time is the water purification ... we have the drinking straws and family size budgeted for this spring.

PistolPackingMomma

Dorsey himself admits that he does not have a personal supply of meals ready to eat stashed in his basement. “We live just two minutes from the store,” he said, “If something happens, I can drive right over here.”

:shocker:

Right...because the best place to hole up in during a SHTF scenario is a store everyone knows is stocked with tools and MRE's...

Last edited:

beebobby

I think I saw that same article a while back when Obama had just been elected, but before he took office and came for all of our guns.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm ready. I have Obese neighbors to eat, a swimming pool to drink, and duct tape.

Not I.

I prefer lean meat.

As for the OP, either I posted here or on a duplicate thread, but can't find either one, so...

Don't think it's going to happen. There are too many good, rock-solid people sprinkled throughout the entire collection of systems, from those who manage our electricity, water, gas, and oil supplies to those who grow our food to those who ship our critical supplies.

I know where most of them will be if the SHTF: Doing their jobs. If some of them turn yellow-tail bail to go hide in a hole, I know where I'll be: On-the job training.

Well-armed, of course.

Last edited: