• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWAT Team Raids Wrong Worcester Home, Residents Say

davidmcbeth

Banned
These are not the droids you're looking for.

Watched video ... not 10 cops, std swat team is 9 ... and not all go in.

Typical early morning raid ...

Who knows, maybe the guy moved out 3 days ago.

Welcome to the neighborhood !

They should file a notice of trespass today.

OC for ME

Poor intel is no excuse. Anyway, a trespass won't knock a warrant. Go ahead and trespass a SWAT and place them under citizen's arrest...I'll wait.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Poor intel is no excuse. Anyway, a trespass won't knock a warrant. Go ahead and trespass a SWAT and place them under citizen's arrest...I'll wait.

I've already threatened to do just that ! Result: no SWAT raid. Raid aborted. Abort abort.....LOL

And an apology from a resident trooper the next business day.

How 'bout dat ?

And bad intel? What if the guy moved out the previous day? Really I need more info in this instance.

Last edited:

HPmatt

I am sure cops were confident knowing that if they had the wrong address, there was a strong probability the occupants would not be armed in MA. There was the case a few years ago around Ft Worth area where the drug dealer shot & killed a cop when they executed a no-knock invasion of their home. Don't remember if the cops had a warrant, but they didn't announce and lost a deputy in the process. Want to say the county has reigned in no-knock searches, more along the lines of what the 4A restricts the government and its agents.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/murder-charge-dropped-man-killed-cop-no-knock-raid/

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
Nothing new, sadly

While I was attending college in the Boston area back in the mid-90s, one police agency or another conducted a dynamic entry onto a residence that "best intel" said was the home of a large drug dealer. The "intel" came from a low level user who was (if I recall, likely) pressured into giving up the name and address of his dealer lest he face heavier charges. The entry was conducted only to find the sole occupant was an aged, retired minister with no evidence of any connection to the drug trade.

He didn't get a chance to resist. No he wasn't shot. But being yanked out of bed and thrown to the floor and handcuffed with a boot on his back in the middle of the night was sufficient for a heart attack to kill him just as dead as any bullet could have. Less blood to clean up I guess.

It was that incident that helped persuade me to adopt Libertarian views on recreational drugs.

Even as I've dropped those views in favor of certain restrictions on recreational drug use, I remain firmly opposed to dynamic/forced entry in most every case other than innocent persons being held hostage and an immediate need to effect a rescue effort to save their lives. As an analogy, I can (and do) support residential and school zone speed limits even as I would oppose using tire spikes or air-to-surface missiles to enforce such limits.

In the rare cases where forced/dynamic entry is warranted, "best intel" should be trained observers having personally seen the suspect go into the building and able to swear he hasn't left by any reasonable means.

Charles

Last edited:

OC for ME

I've already threatened to do just that ! Result: no SWAT raid. Raid aborted. Abort abort.....LOL

How 'bout dat ?

And bad intel? What if the guy moved out the previous day? Really I need more info in this instance.
Got it on tape? C'mon, share with us all, here is your chance to show us rubes in flyover country how it's done...I'll wait.

OC for ME

OK...from the new article, excerpts that is.

It happened on Wednesday around 5:30 in the morning.

Police have raided the apartment before, but Diaz moved in back in May with her fiancé and two children.
Connection to the target?

The DA’s office released a statement saying “The search warrant was executed based on the best intelligence at the time. He (the target) had been in the dwelling in the days before the execution of the search warrant.”
Lawyer needs to get the intel that confirms the target was in the dwelling as alleged.

Await further data.

WalkingWolf

How 'bout dat ?

Video?

Have Gun - Will Carry

How 'bout dat ?

Got it on tape? C'mon, share with us all, here is your chance to show us rubes in flyover country how it's done...I'll wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg... LOL Some things never change!

davidmcbeth

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KNjmbeWcsU

----------------------------------

HPMATT..snip from link HPMATT provided:
Magee was charged with capital murder, at which point prosecutors had to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he knew Sowders was a peace officer before he killed him.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mu...killed-cop-no-knock-raid/#vlZteVEdSFwtzuUC.99

I think that is the wrong standard considering our RKBA and other rights .... should be what they said OR that the raid had no true 4th amendment basis. I think that when gov't officials violate the 4th amendment (or other right) this is not part of their activities as an employee (ie acting outside of the scope of their employment ~ many states agree). Even in the military one should not follow an unlawful order so they taught us as a responsibility of every American fightingman...and to defend the constitution (exactly how is an American fightingman expected to do this? Hmmm).

Its highly unusual not to get an indictment ... the cop who died? Sad, but he wanted to suckle from the teat of that holy grail war on weed. The cops who got the warrant, the judge, legislators, and himself are all to blame for this cop's death...not the citizen..and they should apologize to the citizen. Who cares about weed?

Life's hard ... its harder if you're stupid.

Last edited: