• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWAT...WHAT???

OC for ME

Commentary on a news item is not cop bashing...and facts related to Maryland law enforcement and their complete lack of respect for the 2A are undisputed...their "just doing our job, change the laws" defense will not absolve them of their unconstitutional acts...obviously your mileage does vary...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The township I live in has a good police force. They have a high standard to get on the force. They teach that the officer is the face of the township and they know that the public perception of the township is formed by the public's interactions with the police. How do I know this? Lots of interactions with the police from the top down.

With that said, my default position is the cops are bad, dirty and dishonest. Why, because of my dealings with a number of dirty cops in my life time. And specifically and personally dealing with dirty cops lying on the stand.

But the reason we have dirty cops are our elected officials courts and juries support dirty cops. And until that changes we will have dirty cops.

FreedomVA

The township I live in has a good police force. They have a high standard to get on the force. They teach that the officer is the face of the township and they know that the public perception of the township is formed by the public's interactions with the police. How do I know this? Lots of interactions with the police from the top down.

With that said, my default position is the cops are bad, dirty and dishonest. Why, because of my dealings with a number of dirty cops in my life time. And specifically and personally dealing with dirty cops lying on the stand.

But the reason we have dirty cops are our elected officials courts and juries support dirty cops. And until that changes we will have dirty cops.

Dirty cops...need to take a shower...can we get a Gofundme to buy them those stick on magnet.."To protect and Serve"

FreedomVA

Freedom - the problem is that the police forces in the U.S. "protect and serve" the LAW, not the PEOPLE.

I understand this, but it's still not right in my eyes.....We citizen's pay Federel, State and Local taxes to fund their Paychex, Vacation, Health Insurance and ultimately their Retirement, but us citizens are forced to be the obiediant sheeps and do as they command even through they are in the wrong most of the times, and they know they are in the wrong but enpowered to do it anyway. If this not a form of quiet Tyranny, i don't know what is.

All i am saying is, would you continue to pay any company money when they balantly mistreat you, disrespect you or screw you over, of course not (i hope not)? So, why do citizen continue to do so with government agencies/politicians and we are the one paying them to do so.

If it walk like a duck, quack like a duck, it must be a duck.

solus

I understand this, but it's still not right in my eyes.....We citizen's pay Federel, State and Local taxes to fund their Paychex, Vacation, Health Insurance and ultimately their Retirement, but us citizens are forced to be the obiediant sheeps and do as they command even through they are in the wrong most of the times, and they know they are in the wrong but enpowered to do it anyway. If this not a form of quiet Tyranny, i don't know what is.

All i am saying is, would you continue to pay any company money when they balantly mistreat you, disrespect you or screw you over, of course not (i hope not)? So, why do citizen continue to do so with government agencies/politicians and we are the one paying them to do so.

If it walk like a duck, quack like a duck, it must be a duck.

humm the citizens of this great country have quietly abrogated their constitutional rights forever during this pandemic as well as 36 years allowed the blue brotherhood carte blanche w/QI as well as heller, and LE do not have to respond USSC decisions they pushed for!

ya, stand on the soap box at the train station a-hollar’n ~ but the train don left the station w/o yous!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
...read this again and think...the answer may be revealed...then again maybe not...
Trusting, complacent and oblivious come to mind as to why government gets away with this stuff. People actually think the government is looking out for the citizens' best interest. Citizens don't pay attention until the government is in your own backyard.

If the majorty of police are good people then why are there hundreds, upon hundreds, if not thousands of videos of cops violating the citizen's rights? It's because of the citizens perception of their rights is different than the cops perception. Cops actually believe citizens have no rights. Been there, done that many many times.