• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taking a trip to Portsmouth...

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have a non-res permit for NHand will be going to Portsmouth for a week. I can only find courthouses as restricted areas am I correct in believing that everywhere else is fair game.

MarkNH

State Researcher
imported post

Correct. Courthouses are the only places where carry is prohibited by State Law (all the Federal prohibitions still apply of course).

FYI: Portsmouth is the most Liberal town in the State so if you open carry you may get the cops called on you.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yea, the Federal infringements are a give in. Thanks for the insight about the locals overreacting over a citizen with the gall to embrace freedom.

I hope it will be uneventful. Probably going to hate having to return to restricted Va.

Gunslinger

imported post

Toad wrote:
Yea, the Federal infringements are a give in. Thanks for the insight about the locals overreacting over a citizen with the gall to embrace freedom.

I hope it will be uneventful. Probably going to hate having to return to restricted Va.
Too many Massholes movers to the NH coast...but, I'd say Hanover/Durham were more liberal because of college leftwing professors. My old hometown of Merrimack seems to have moved to the left with that wacko state rep's anti-gun bill, that even she ended up voting against. When I was there, '83-'99, it was very conservative for a good sized town (25,000 population.) Again, too many Massholes moving up.

KBCraig

imported post

Portsmouth is the artsy-fartsy town, full of aging hippies (sort of the New England version of Key West). They might be leftist and solidly Democrat, but they're of an age when "liberal" meant supporting all civil rights, including gun rights.

I agree that Hanover/Lebanon are more "liberal" in the modern sense of the term, because of the Darthmouth population.

buketdude

imported post

never been to portsmouth...i have oc'ed in Keene, Milford, Nashua, Hinsdale, Manchester and Concord..and prob some other towns.....i have never had any issues.....