• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus Class Action

Lord Sega

I happened across this Taurus Class Action, just passing on the website link.

LINK to file claim

From the website:

"This lawsuit is about alleged safety defects in the following Taurus-branded firearms: PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640; and/or PT-24/7. The “PRO” series of each model are also included. The lawsuit asserts that these alleged safety defects may cause some Class Pistols to unintentionally fire with the safety in the “on” or “safe” position when the trigger is pulled and some Class Pistols may unintentionally fire when dropped or bumped. The Taurus Companies stand by the Class Pistols and vigorously deny all allegations of wrongdoing and liability. The lawsuit does not involve Taurus G2 model pistols."

WalkingWolf

Don't own a taurus, did own one 40 years ago, never had a problem with it. My understanding the problem was with guns outside the US.