• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party anyone?

BenjaminHare

imported post

Decided not OC. I think it might be a little bit too much on the courthouse steps. According to http://www.Handgunlaw.us Wyoming's code 6-8-104 contains provisions against carrying concealed in law enforcement buildings. I'm guessing this includes the courthouse. Not that it specifically applies to OC, but I don't want to be arrested or cause any kind of disturbance at the protest.

jbowers24

imported post

BenjaminHare wrote:
Decided not OC. I think it might be a little bit too much on the courthouse steps. According to http://www.Handgunlaw.us Wyoming's code 6-8-104 contains provisions against carrying concealed in law enforcement buildings. I'm guessing this includes the courthouse. Not that it specifically applies to OC, but I don't want to be arrested or cause any kind of disturbance at the protest.

I saw half a dozen folks OC'ing at noon. There were some people handing out WYGO flyers as well. There was a good number that turned out for the earlier one.

I think I'll OC this afternoon. Won't be inside any law enforcement buildings.

AB

imported post

From Cheyenne:

Thanks to all that open carried at the State Capital tea party.

We did have one incident at the later party, a state trooper told some folks that they couldn't be on state grounds with their firearms and would have to go to the sidewalk.

Whilea fewcomplied and went to the sidewalk, I instructed my group to stay on the grounds.

I flagged down the trooper and he said there was a state statute on it, I then told him that while we could not go in the capital there was not any law that prohibited us from carrying outside.

The trooper responded "that the order came from his Lieutenant", I then told him "tell your Lieutenant I want to see the statue, the trooper said "OK" and he would be back.

We went about our business andit was about thirty minutes before the trooper returned and said "your right there is no statute and it's OK to carry outside the capital" he apologised and shook my hand.

I give thisTrooper a A+, he had a great attitude.

Anthony Bouchard
Executive Director
WyGO / Wyoming Gun Owners Association

http://wyominggunowners.org/

BenjaminHare

imported post

I had the luck to witness this exchange taking place. I was very impressed by the professionalism of the State Trooper. Later on, at the Outback, I got the whole story from the young couple that had originally been approached by the Trooper. I applaud you, AB, for asking to see the statute.

As an aside, it was a pleasure to see so many folks OCing at the protest.

SDguy

imported post

Let this be a testimony of the professionalism of AB. On another Wyoming thread the opposition accused him of unprofessional conduct. I do not believe that after having had several phone conversations with him and now reading of this encounter.

I appreciate the fact that we have people around who know our rights and are unafraid to speak up when confronted with ignorant law enforcement and elected officials. We need to continually be ready to do so ourselves as well as back up those who do.

Our attitudes must also remain professional and level headed at all times in order to avoid being accused. They can still accuse us but they will have to lie in order to do so. Many in the anti-gun crowd are quick to lie. We need to have the truth on our side at all times.

Duncan Philp

imported post

http://www.trib.com/articles/2009/04/16/news/wyoming/05dc5f4a72fba4a18725759900838b06.txt#blogcomments

Protesters gathered at the Wyoming Capitol to join other disgruntled Americans who seized upon tax day Wednesday to voice their concern over government spending and debt.

As the deadline to file income taxes drew near, about 300 people participated in the "Cheyenne Tax Day Tea Party." Similar protests held around Wyoming and nationwide were meant to echo the rebellion of the Boston Tea Party. Organizers said there were also rallies in Casper, Sheridan, Buffalo, Gillette, Jackson, Cody, Green River and Laramie.

A hearty group of about 300 protesters in Cody withstood blizzard conditions at times.

Gathered at the base of the Capitol steps, the Cheyenne protesters hoisted American flags and handmade signs as they cheered on speakers. Signs on display read "Socialized Health Care is Not Free," "No More Taxation with Lousy Representation," and "Congress: The Opposite of Progress."

Along with criticizing government debt, the protesters railed against bailouts of private banks and companies, the Federal Reserve System, spending on social programs and gun control.

"We're worried about the moral, political and economic direction of this country today," said Kirk Kolkman, a telecommunications technician from Cheyenne who helped organize the event. "We decided these events would be a forum to educate people on the Constitution, nationalization of business and industry, and federal tax-and-spend policy."

Kolkman and other organizers said they held the event independently of any political party or other group.

Duncan Philp, of Carpenter, said he was surprised at the size of the crowd Wednesday. Philp carried a Gadsden flag -- reading "Don't Tread on Me" -- and dragged a United Nations flag on the ground to display disrespect, he said.

Philp said he's a member of the Wyoming Tyranny Response Team, a group dedicated to the Bill of Rights.

He said Congress ignored Americans' request not to bail out financially troubled banks.

"Bush and Obama have done the same thing," Philp said. "They've given out loans for money they don't have."

"I just got fed up with the government and decided to get involved," said Pretty Martin, a Cheyenne resident who helped organize the rally. "Our government is spending us into oblivion and taxing us to cover it."

Rally participants also sang "God Bless America," and shouted "Amen" when speakers discussed topics of fiscal responsibility, personal sovereignty and lower taxes.

"I'm here for my kids -- the debt we're piling on them," said Neal Butler, a Laramie County resident who delivers liquid nitrogen for a living. "We're protesting the debt before it becomes taxes."

Organizers of the Cheyenne event stressed a non-partisan message, but many of those attending were clearly outraged by policies put in place by the Obama administration and the Democrat-controlled Congress.

The Obama administration's economic stimulus package, and its long-term repercussions on national debt, was a chief topic of discussion at Wednesday's rally.

"There is more to being president that playing with a new dog," said M. Leavell, a retired nurse, who said the government is selling out the American people.

Duncan Philp

imported post

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]I made both tea parties. I was packing two knives at the first one and for the second one I was packing a .40 S&W Baretta pistol. A state trooper ordered me to leave state property, becuase it is a crime to open carry a gun on state property. The trooper did say that I was allowed to stand in the side walk. The trooper of course had a handgun on his hip.

I walked over to the side walk and within a matter a few seconds a Coporal with the Cheyenne PD walked over to me and sttode behind me. I wlaked away form him to the other side of the crowd and he soon followed me to stand behind me. The cop was hoovering over me. I continued to stand on the side walk until the event was concluded and I spotted the trooper near the steps of the capitol. I wlaked over to talk with him about the issue of the handgun on my hip. After I had approached him he stated that he was wrong and had given me the wrong information and that it was legal for me to carry a gun on state proeprty, but that I cannot carry a gun into the capitol building.
[/font]

Duncan Philp

imported post

You're not one of us SD guy. You and that hack Bouchard are not welcome in Wyoming or the TRT.

You can't argue the issue and so you are left with no choice but to lie and silence others whom you disagree with.You are no better than the leftist gun grabbers you whine about.

Once agian if it a is crime to carry openly in the town of PB then whyw asn't I arrested for doing so at a town meeting?

How does PB compare to NJ in the way of gun control.

Why is it that the guy who intiated his compliant with WYGO has backed off and is now carrying a gun openly in town limits? If he has nothing more to complian about then why are you?

Every time Fudley stabs the TRT and other gun owners in the back the TRT will respond to it. You can all read about Fudley's tactics on our new wyomingtrt.com website. The time he called LP women whores, the time he stabbed an ex-marine in the back by lying about him on live radio.

AB

imported post

REPLY TO THE LAST REAL POST ONLY!!!

As you knowthis forum has become infected withdisruptive individuals that only care about a fight and not the cause.

Individuals that stand on the sidewalk - While others take up the fight.
Just like we did at the tea party let's just go about our business.

Do not respond to them at all, JUST IGNORE THEM!

They win if they stop us from conversing.

REPLY TO THE LAST REAL POST ONLY!!!:)

Think About This,

Do you remember the Star-Trek episode that had a "life-form" that fed off of the crew getting angry?

When the crew finally realized this they started laughing and it suddenly weakened this "life-form" and it went on it's way apparently to find other victims.

This is the trap they lay for us, they have nothing else to offer, except to make us angry.

DON'T FALL IN THE TRAP, SAVE YOUR ENERGY TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

AB

imported post

SDguy wrote:
Let this be a testimony of the professionalism of AB. On another Wyoming thread the opposition accused him of unprofessional conduct. I do not believe that after having had several phone conversations with him and now reading of this encounter.

I appreciate the fact that we have people around who know our rights and are unafraid to speak up when confronted with ignorant law enforcement and elected officials. We need to continually be ready to do so ourselves as well as back up those who do.

Our attitudes must also remain professional and level headed at all times in order to avoid being accused. They can still accuse us but they will have to lie in order to do so. Many in the anti-gun crowd are quick to lie. We need to have the truth on our side at all times.

Thanks, SDguy!!!

Ranger1

imported post

Wow! what a gun rights activist"I was packing two knives" -Duncan Philip. Sure brings new meaning tobringing a knife to a gun fight. I was at the Tea Party in Cheyenne and was keeping a close eye on everyone whom wasOC ing.When MR. Philip was told he could not have his firearm on state property, he quickly and quietly complied, without question, and walked straight off the property, to observe the rally from a distance. Along with that first hand account, I also witnessed member of WYGO, also confronted. However they DID standup for their rights and questioned the officer, and asked him to specifically provide legal documentation proving his case, when the officer, was un able to do so, Members of WYGO continued to support the rally from a front row seat. After reading the posts and nonsense that Mr. Philip brings to this forum, as well as the events I witnessed at the Cheyenne Tea Party, I am inclined to see him as a fraud and a back seat passenger in fight for gun rights, dead weight if you will a cancer to be cut from the limb of society. All whom read this should keep a close eye on his posts, and look for the alter personalities that he has created on this forum to talk himself up, as he has no credible supporters for his anarchist cause which is all alone.

Ranger1

imported post

Benjamin, I also enjoyed meeting you and appreciate the support for OC ing at the Tea Party, it's always good to meet an allie in the fight for our constitutional rights.:lol:

Mjolnir

imported post

SDguy wrote:

Not to mention by another member of this site who AB was standing up for along with all WY residents.

Really stinks when a fellow gun owner who you are trying to help slaps you in the face trying to save himself.