• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teacher accused of carrying gun in school

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"A teacher at a middle school in Newtown was arrested on Wednesday morning after allegedly carrying a gun in school.

He has a valid pistol permit, however he was arrested for violating the school policy that forbids possession of a firearm on school property. He was charged with possession of a weapon on school grounds. He is expected to appear in court on April 20."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/31658479/newtown-teacher-accused-of-carrying-gun-in-school

The antis are going to have a field day with this.

WalkingWolf

"A teacher at a middle school in Newtown was arrested on Wednesday morning after allegedly carrying a gun in school.

He has a valid pistol permit, however he was arrested for violating the school policy that forbids possession of a firearm on school property. He was charged with possession of a weapon on school grounds. He is expected to appear in court on April 20."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/31658479/newtown-teacher-accused-of-carrying-gun-in-school

The antis are going to have a field day with this.

Actually we should have a field day with this stupidity. The government, school system, police failed to protect 26 people. Yet a good guy with a gun gets arrested for being prepared to defend his students.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Actually we should have a field day with this stupidity. The government, school system, police failed to protect 26 people. Yet a good guy with a gun gets arrested for being prepared to defend his students.

He may well be a good guy with a gun, but that hasn't been established yet. No motive has been mentioned.

Information of substance is scarce on this so far.

rightwinglibertarian

You mean he was assaulted and kidnapped for exercising his constitutional right. I doubt the judge is American enough to aquit him and will violate his/her oath to uphold the Constitution.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Adams was released on a promise to appear April 20 in state Superior Court in Danbury.

http://www.newstimes.com/policerepo...own-teacher-brought-gun-to-school-7232206.php
Hmm...

Not the blood thirsty fiend we are seemingly being led to believe he is.

A teacher in Newtown, Connecticut, the site of 2012’s Sandy Hook shooting, is facing up to five years in prison after being arrested for carrying a gun on school grounds.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/06/n...n-to-school-faces-up-to-five-years-in-prison/
Hmm...

solus

Hmm...

Not the blood thirsty fiend we are seemingly being led to believe he is.

Hmm...

i was more impressed the article had to raise the specter of a previous event to remind JQPublic why guns are bad...never mind the perp in the referenced event was a young man who was mentally disturbed...

ipse

WalkingWolf

If that same individual had BEEN at Sandy Hook school similarly outfitted, how many parents would still have their children?

It is not about safety, but control. They are willing to sacrifice the lives of the innocent for power, and control over the unwashed masses.

rightwinglibertarian

How does a person get arrested for violating a policy. I always assumed that you'd have to violate a law to get arrested.

the policy is based on what most would consider law. No American would actually recognise it as such. And you can be assaulted and kidnapped for what you are told is law, not what is actually law.

rscottie

It appears that "officials" would prefer this man to not be armed so that he can cower over his students and use his body to absorb the rounds. I guess they think that is superior to shooting back?

WalkingWolf

It appears that "officials" would prefer this man to not be armed so that he can cower over his students and use his body to absorb the rounds. I guess they think that is superior to shooting back?

They think dying students, and teaches further their anti gun agenda. Last thing they want is a armed hero.