• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent hates OC

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yes. chuck norris.
hey ted, what about police and military? why do they OC? ted nugent is a tactical idiot.
has he been asleep, or does he realize that he lives in one of the biggest OC states in the country?!?!?:banghead::banghead:
not enough headslam guys to express my frustration

Last edited:

Raggs

yes. chuck norris.
hey ted, what about police and military? why do they OC? ted nugent is a tactical idiot.
has he been asleep, or does he realize that he lives in one of the biggest OC states in the country?!?!?:banghead::banghead:
not enough headslam guys to express my frustration

Ted Lives in Texas I believe, though he owns property here, maybe he has lost touch.

SpringerXDacp

Ted Lives in Texas I believe, though he owns property here, maybe he has lost touch.

No, his beliefs/opinions have been this way at least since the beginning of OCDO. But yet, he has no problem wielding AR-15's, on stage, in front of thousands of folks during a concert. *F'ing hypocrite*

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
No, his beliefs/opinions have been this way at least since the beginning of OCDO. But yet, he has no problem wielding AR-15's, on stage, in front of thousands of folks during a concert. *F'ing hypocrite*

Seriously? Apparently he's never heard that old adage-

'A rifle in the hands is worth two in the chest.'

Oh, wait, I just made that up....:lol:

SpringerXDacp

I would say we should boycott his albums, but I am not sure he is still making albums.

No, don't think so, but he still performs at concerts. A shame really -- his opinion of OC -- , I used to listen to all his music and that of Aerosmith in the 70's. Probably explains why I'm nearly deaf now.

F350

The day I let Ted's or anyone else's opinion dictate what I do is the day after I let "them" neuter me.

Maybe Ted just doesn't "have em" enough to OC.

MR Redenck

I could have done without the "Weird" comment.
I will honestly say I do admire Uncle Ted even if he doesnt like open carry weapons. Ted is a patriotic American who will speak with intelligent thought anytime freedom is being attacked.
Ted does not have to open carry if he doesnt want to, and the decission should be his to make. I dont like the idea that Ted has spoken against the choice others may have, but I dont disrespect the contribution to the 2nd amendment he has made either.
Myself, I dont care at all how a person decides to carry as long as its safe. Im not buying this tactical advantage crap either. I know what tactical advantage is, and it doesnt have anything to do with a handgun...

MR Redenck

No, don't think so, but he still performs at concerts. A shame really -- his opinion of OC -- , I used to listen to all his music and that of Aerosmith in the 70's. Probably explains why I'm nearly deaf now.
It aint why im nearly deaf, but I still crank Ted up Loud....
And Ac/Dc :D

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I could have done without the "Weird" comment.
I will honestly say I do admire Uncle Ted even if he doesnt like open carry weapons. Ted is a patriotic American who will speak with intelligent thought anytime freedom is being attacked.
Ted does not have to open carry if he doesnt want to, and the decission should be his to make. I dont like the idea that Ted has spoken against the choice others may have, but I dont disrespect the contribution to the 2nd amendment he has made either.
Myself, I dont care at all how a person decides to carry as long as its safe. Im not buying this tactical advantage crap either. I know what tactical advantage is, and it doesnt have anything to do with a handgun...

No he doesn't have to OC, but he doesn't have to spread the myth of being shot first, especially at a supposed pro-gun organization with people in the audience that were OCing. Just seems hypocritical to support some gun rights and belittle others.

detroit_fan

he is free to have his opinion, even though i disagree with it 100%. Ted does TONS of great work for our veterans so I am going to refrain from bashing him.

Michigander

Considering my feelings on the NRA, I can't say I care very much about him touting his propaganda at an NRA convention. I can't imagine that many people who go to such things are in the mood to have their eyes opened.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Considering my feelings on the NRA, I can't say I care very much about him touting his propaganda at an NRA convention. I can't imagine that many people who go to such things are in the mood to have their eyes opened.

No more or less than the rest of the human race. A certain percentage, when they think they know the answers, think they already know all about it--why would they consider further when they know all about it?

Our job is to get over, through, and around those pre-conceived ideas and widen their perspective, and win, if not their warmhearted agreement, at least their willingness to respect OC.

I can offer a good example from myself. Once upon a time I considered conservatives and republicans to be the best philosophy going. My disagreement with Dems and libs approached hatred, and I thought the libertarians to be kooks.

Then one day a forum member here, Tomahawk, dropped a few lines and links here and there. I checked into libertarian philosophy and economics. Wow. I was almost offended by some of what I read. But, across time I shifted my views, persuaded by what I read and the analysis of members here. It wasn't easy to drop my pre-conceived ideas. But, I did. It just took some gentle persuasion and reading without browbeating or criticism of my existing views. Now, I'm pretty well aligned with all but the most hard-core ideas of the hardest-core libertarians.

It can be done.

MR Redenck

No he doesn't have to OC, but he doesn't have to spread the myth of being shot first, especially at a supposed pro-gun organization with people in the audience that were OCing. Just seems hypocritical to support some gun rights and belittle others.

I agree with you sir. I still like Ted, but I cant defend some of the CRAP he says. You wont never hear me tell anyone what I think about they carry preference unless they are on my property.
Im Grassroots and GOA only....