• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen Arrested, Suspended for Shooting a Dinosaur (In a Story He Wrote)

since9

Campaign Veteran
Excerpt:

Police Captain Jon Rogers seemed irate himself when he asserted, "The information that is being reported is grossly incorrect in reference to what led to the juvenile being charged. The charges do not stem from anything involving a dinosaur or writing assignment, but the student's conduct."

I'm irate that Police Captain Jon Rogers is pulling down six figures without having the slightest clue as to the meaning of the word "stem." In this context, it means, "a line of ancestry : stock; especially : a fundamental line from which others have arisen."

Why Alex Stone was arrested doesn't matter. What matters is why the cops were there in the first place. They were there, not because of an OBVIOUSLY fictitious and completely harmless story about a human shooting a dinosaur, but because of GROSSLY poor judgement on the part of the teacher and school officials. He was arrested because of GROSSLY poor judgement on the part of the cops.

The insanely spastic teacher needs to be FIRED for gross lack of any common sense whatsoever, much less a far more firable term: good/sound judgement. She used the POOREST judgement imaginable in a teacher, namely, that which makes problems far, far worse instead of making them better. What she did was the verbal equivalent of taking a bat to the kid! It's a common situation. The right thing to do would have been, at worst, "Ok, interesting, but would you please rewrite that? Thanks."

The insanely stupid school officials need to be FIRED for the same gross buffoonery exhibited by the teacher. Actually, they should know better, so perhaps they should be CHARGED for making FALSE ACCUSATIONS such as "disturbing schools." If anything, THEY should be charged with "disturbing schools," as it was their gross incompetence which created the disturbance in the first place. A kid talking about shooting a dinosaur is NORMAL. A teacher or school officials going bats*** crazy over the matter is NOT NORMAL.

The pathetically incompetent cops need to be FIRED for the same gross buffoonery exhibited by the teacher and the school officials.

If I were mayor for a day, I'd call the unbelievably moronic and spelling-challenged Police Captain Jon Rogers on the carpet in my office, asking him, "What kind of nonsense are you teaching our public servants these days? Don't they have better sense than to recognize a benign situation and diffuse it? They kid was clearly upset at the idiocy of the teacher and the school officials! They should have diffused the situation. Why did they escalate the situation, instead? Why did they arrest a kid who was clearly upset at being under the gun when he had absolutely ZERO business being put in that situation in the first place? Why aren't you training your people properly?"

Then I'd add, "You know what? They're incompetent because YOU'RE incompetent! YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

The ENTIRE city of Summerville, South Carolina needs to march outside the offices of the mayor, town council, and Police Captain Jon Rogers, telling both the mayor and the town council that if Rogers doesn't resign TODAY, then the PEOPLE of Summerville, will FIRE the mayor AND the town council.

My God, America! WAKE UP!!! This is what it's going to take in order take back our nation! We're going to have to FIRE some people, beginning with the ones who screw up, but continuing with the ones who cover it up. If they're not willing or capable of policing their own, then We the People must be willing of policing the police, beginning with people like Police Captain Jon Rogers and the mayors and town councils who hire nincompoops like these and keep them employed in the face of incredible incompetence.

Get rid of them! The teacher, the school officials, Capt Rogers, and if the mayor or town council show ANY signs of trying to cover it up, FIRE THEM TOO.

When people cannot properly enforce the law, they do not belong in law enforcement. It's THAT simple.