• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Electoral College - why it is necessary

JTHunter2

How many of you get and read Parade magazine in the Sunday papers? This past Sunday, the "Ask Marilyn" column had a great explanation as to why the electoral college is necessary. Enjoy !
Electoral College.jpg

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
Thanks for the read and the reminder of Marilyn Vos Savant. The need for the Electoral College today is demonstrated to be quite the same as at its founding, slow vote counts, untrustworthy ballot counting administration, and poor post (as in ‘mail’) performance.

In my youth she was a gracious and supportive correspondent.

solus

Thanks for the read and the reminder of Marilyn Vos Savant. The need for the Electoral College today is demonstrated to be quite the same as at its founding, slow vote counts, untrustworthy ballot counting administration, and poor post (as in ‘mail’) performance.

In my youth she was a gracious and supportive correspondent.

Uh dougie...your both around the same age...

CJ4wd

Considering recent events, as well as a history of questionable actions, perhaps some sort of electoral college should be instituted at the state level. This way, major metropolitan areas such as NYC, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, LA, and SF, would not be able to dominate state politics to the detriment of those non-urban areas.

OC for ME

Considering recent events, as well as a history of questionable actions, perhaps some sort of electoral college should be instituted at the state level. This way, major metropolitan areas such as NYC, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, LA, and SF, would not be able to dominate state politics to the detriment of those non-urban areas.
Let me know when the liberals in those cesspools adopt your recommendation...in the case of Chitcago...down state Illinoisans will be most appreciative...I suspect...

JTHunter2

Let me know when the liberals in those cesspools adopt your recommendation...in the case of Chitcago...down state Illinoisans will be most appreciative...I suspect...

Considering how Madigan, the "Lurch" looking House Speaker, has gotten the state so gerry-mandered to favor the donkeys, it is improbable that there will ever be enough conservative legislators to re-align Illinois.

OC for ME

...on the local STL news this morning Mike may be not too far from an indictment after a investigation into eight years of corruption...we shall see...