• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Insanity of Gun Control Fanatics

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Zero tolerance in schools is nothing new really, I just thought I'd share:

Alandis Ford is a 10-year-old boy. And, as 10-year-old boys are known to do, he wanted to show off his cap gun to some friends at school. It was just a toy, a cowboy six-shooter that made some noise but nothing else.

But the police in Georgia have charged the boy with "possessing a weapon on school property and with terroristic acts and threats." The police are assholes. A team of armed Sheriff's Deputies from Newton County raided the boy's home and arrested him.

How do the morons at the Sheriff's department explain their actions: "In this day and time, we do not take anything lightly, whether it's a toy gun or a real weapon, for the safety of the kids and everyone involved, the safety of the school. That's our main concern." As I've said before "the sake of the children" is one of the most popular slogans of the mindless authoritarians.

But really, are these guys serious or just plain stupid? They don't take "anything" lightly? Does this mean that any "threat", no matter how absurd, is taken seriously? Are they going to set up armed patrols to stop aliens from kidnapping children and subjecting them to anal probes? (No priest jokes please.)

Of course, if you want abject dumbness you have to go to the educational bureaucracy, the dunderheads who actually use the government school system to wipe out any intellectual curiousity in our children. Sherri Viniard, who has the unwarranted bureaucratic position of "Director of Public Relations" for the local school system, said: "Although this was a toy gun, it is still a very serious offense and it is a violation of school rules. We will not tolerate weapons of any kind on school property."

Can someone tell the woman that cap gun is not a weapon, at least no more so than a bicycle, a book or a fist. It is not real. It does not shoot bullets. It makes noise, sort of like unnecessary bureaucrats do. But unlike bureaucrats it doesn't do any damage. You can't call that a weapon without streatching the meaning of weapon to such extremes that is has no objective defintion whatsoever.

So, a little boy was arrested, fingerprinted, expelled from school, faces a long sentence in a juvenile detention center, and all for doing what kids in my day did on a routine basis. Of course back then we didn't have the antigun hysteria and our cops were smart enough to tell the difference between a toy and "the real thing".

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Zero tolerance in schools is nothing new really, I just thought I'd share:

Alandis Ford is a 10-year-old boy. And, as 10-year-old boys are known to do, he wanted to show off his cap gun to some friends at school. It was just a toy, a cowboy six-shooter that made some noise but nothing else.

But the police in Georgia have charged the boy with "possessing a weapon on school property and with terroristic acts and threats." The police are @#$%s. A team of armed Sheriff's Deputies from Newton County raided the boy's home and arrested him.

How do the morons at the Sheriff's department explain their actions: "In this day and time, we do not take anything lightly, whether it's a toy gun or a real weapon, for the safety of the kids and everyone involved, the safety of the school. That's our main concern." As I've said before "the sake of the children" is one of the most popular slogans of the mindless authoritarians.

But really, are these guys serious or just plain stupid? They don't take "anything" lightly? Does this mean that any "threat", no matter how absurd, is taken seriously? Are they going to set up armed patrols to stop aliens from kidnapping children and subjecting them to anal probes? (No priest jokes please.)

Of course, if you want abject dumbness you have to go to the educational bureaucracy, the dunderheads who actually use the government school system to wipe out any intellectual curiousity in our children. Sherri Viniard, who has the unwarranted bureaucratic position of "Director of Public Relations" for the local school system, said: "Although this was a toy gun, it is still a very serious offense and it is a violation of school rules. We will not tolerate weapons of any kind on school property."

Can someone tell the woman that cap gun is not a weapon, at least no more so than a bicycle, a book or a fist. It is not real. It does not shoot bullets. It makes noise, sort of like unnecessary bureaucrats do. But unlike bureaucrats it doesn't do any damage. You can't call that a weapon without streatching the meaning of weapon to such extremes that is has no objective defintion whatsoever.

So, a little boy was arrested, fingerprinted, expelled from school, faces a long sentence in a juvenile detention center, and all for doing what kids in my day did on a routine basis. Of course back then we didn't have the antigun hysteria and our cops were smart enough to tell the difference between a toy and "the real thing".
This kind of nonsense really boils my blood. The same mentality does not allow a student to bring aspirin to school because they have a headache. Or an adolescent girl taking Midol for menstrual cramps. Pure nonsense and pure crap.

Like you said, when we were kids, all of this was second nature and no one in their right mind thought anything of it other than some boys playing cowboys and indians or such. Normal play.

There is a way to put a quick stop to this sh--. Say we have a small town and something like this happens and the little boy is suspended or worse. Two things could be done immediately to get the school officials' attention.

All of the parents ban together and not let their children go to school until the little guy is re-instated. Or all of the parents get together and "raid" the school with the little guy in question and force the school to let him into his class.

In either case, I would bet that would get the attention of the idiots who push this crap on the kids and the parents.

Joxer

imported post

Schools are very hard now days with the kids. I have a friend who's 11 year old son was kicked out of school because in art class he drawed a picture of his dad and him shooting guns at the range. School went off over that crap and expelled the boy from school.

The task was to draw something you like doing with your dad.

Schools don't put up with anything now. it's kind of sad that kids can't be kids in todays world.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I sat in the principle's office all day while I waited for my parents to get out of work and come pick me up... because I brought a squirt (completely non-realistic looking) gun to kindergarten show and tell. I was also, again, taken out of class for playing cops and robs with my friend and making gun motions with our hands. That happened18 years ago. This kind of thing is nothing new. Laughable, maybe, (at least if it wasn't so disgusting), but nothing new.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Who said it was new?

Maybe discussing it at all is beating a dead horse at this point, but this is an utterly ridiculous way to treat children. The fact that we've become so accustomed to this sort of "zero-tolerance" to the point that we indifferently dismiss discussion to me only underlines how absurdly out of control this whole situation has become.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I am a teacher and this crap drives me crazy.

My parents asked me what I would have done. My answer was simple, take the TOY from the kid and make the parents come pick it up. I'm not going to try and screw up a kids future for no reason, though I would make it perfectly clear how this can't happen ever again. My parents asked about school rules, and I informed them that I had no intention of following stupid rules.

SouthernBoy

imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
I am a teacher and this crap drives me crazy.

My parents asked me what I would have done. My answer was simple, take the TOY from the kid and make the parents come pick it up. I'm not going to try and screw up a kids future for no reason, though I would make it perfectly clear how this can't happen ever again. My parents asked about school rules, and I informed them that I had no intention of following stupid rules.

That's better but no far enough. A cap gun is a toy, not a weapon. So you might just say, "Johnny, put that toy away now so we can get on with classtime. Play with it later at recess or afterschool".

SouthernBoy

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I sat in the principle's office all day while I waited for my parents to get out of work and come pick me up... because I brought a squirt (completely non-realistic looking) gun to kindergarten show and tell. I was also, again, taken out of class for playing cops and robs with my friend and making gun motions with our hands. That happened18 years ago. This kind of thing is nothing new. Laughable, maybe, (at least if it wasn't so disgusting), but nothing new.

In the scheme of things, the relativity of whether or not it's a new thing rests on one's age and experiences in school. When I went to elementary school, it was common practice for the teacher to ask the class which boys were going to be off hunting with their dads when hunting season started. Probably most of us boys carried pocket knives and in some assemblies (plays) several would have toy guns if they were playing Minutemen or such.

That was during normal times. Nowadays is definitely not "normal times" because the inmates are running the asylum.

Carnivore

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

In the scheme of things, the relativity of whether or not it's a new thing rests on one's age and experiences in school. When I went to elementary school, it was common practice for the teacher to ask the class which boys were going to be off hunting with their dads when hunting season started. Probably most of us boys carried pocket knives and in some assemblies (plays) several would have toy guns if they were playing Minutemen or such.

That was during normal times. Nowadays is definitely not "normal times" because the inmates are running the asylum.

Very True !! these are not normal times or at least like the old days when everyone felt safe in their towns and communities..

The Principal or administration of this school must be a bunch of Idiots, since they couldn't resolve this situation within their confines, at the verymost they should've called little johnny up to the office, educated him briefly on the concerns of firearms likeness instruments in the school, and then called his Parents to come pick him up for a day at home to think about what he had done..

My son while in elementary used to get called to the principals office from time to time during the fall of the year to swap hunting stories with his principal,Deer/waterfowl/and turkey they both enjoyed conversation and commaradarie, but one day my son at age 12 or so wore one of his favorite "T" shirts that adorned a picture of a colt pistol and a header of "Blessed are the Peacemakers", that same principal called Brandon up to the office and told him he's making some of the faculty nervous, and would he please turn it inside out or go home and change it.. I respected that, but also challenged the principal about his opinion of some Marilyn manson and Nervana graphics graphics on some of the kids wardrobe. He concurred that he very much disliked some of that stuff himself, but the faculty world considered it harmless..:banghead:

thx997303

imported post

I'd better get in some good schooling. I can only imagine I may have to homeschool my daughter.

So utterly disappointing. I would have liked to think that teachers were a little smarter than this.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

I think region has a lot to do with it too. I wasn't discounting the discussion of it, just pointing out my lack of "oooo" and "ahhhh" at it because it's been going on so long. I just shake my head and move on. Hardly a week went by in elementary school that Iwasn't taken aside forpossessing some "weapon" that consisted of anything from Legos, to G.I. Joe's, toused candy canes with a sharp point. I hardly even know what to think when I hear stuff like this, let alone discuss it meaningfully.

Carnivore

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

I think region has a lot to do with it too. I wasn't discounting the discussion of it, just pointing out my lack of "oooo" and "ahhhh" at it because it's been going on so long. I just shake my head and move on. Hardly a week went by in elementary school that Iwasn't taken aside forpossessing some "weapon" that consisted of anything from Legos, to G.I. Joe's, toused candy canes with a sharp point. I hardly even know what to think when I hear stuff like this, let alone discuss it meaningfully.
Styles how many kids have you raised??

Alexcabbie

imported post

This morning I heard a PSA on the radio from the Justice Department that, in order to prevent "school violence" (By which they meant even normal playground fights between schoolboys) kids should report other kids talking about guns.

The over all message was clear as beer piss: If you feel threatened in any way, run and tell the authorities. If you hear something that might be related to violence, run and tell the authorities. If you get a widdow boo-boo, if someone hurts your widdow feewings, run and tell the authorities. Fosteringdependence is the goal. This is sickening, absolutely sickening. It is clear that the Left wants to take all the fight out of our youngsters and take authority for solving their problems away from parents and assume it unto themselves. We are faced with an extraordinary evil and resistance thus far is puny and ineffective.

I look at the TV and see some lisping foofer who probably wouldn't father kids even if he had a sufficient sperm count talking about this and that study he read in college and presenting his nelly self as an authority on child rearing and I wanna puke. When I was a kid parents would have told these college-educated lamebrains to shut the hell up and sit the eff down. Forget armed rebellion, some parents need to start backhanding these idiots across the mouth and telling them to stop interfering with the way they raise theitr kids Before we go to arms, I say let's try beating the living crap outta a few people who need it. Me, I don't have any kids but if I did, I'd have probably smacked around a principal or two by now. I mean this stuff is the root of everything that is wrong nowadays, and it makes blood shoot out of my eyes to think about it.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
This morning I heard a PSA on the radio from the Justice Department that, in order to prevent "school violence" (By which they meant even normal playground fights between schoolboys) kids should report other kids talking about guns.

The over all message was clear as beer piss: If you feel threatened in any way, run and tell the authorities. If you hear something that might be related to violence, run and tell the authorities. If you get a widdow boo-boo, if someone hurts your widdow feewings, run and tell the authorities. Fosteringdependence is the goal. This is sickening, absolutely sickening. It is clear that the Left wants to take all the fight out of our youngsters and take authority for solving their problems away from parents and assume it unto themselves. We are faced with an extraordinary evil and resistance thus far is puny and ineffective.

I look at the TV and see some lisping foofer who probably wouldn't father kids even if he had a sufficient sperm count talking about this and that study he read in college and presenting his nelly self as an authority on child rearing and I wanna puke. When I was a kid parents would have told these college-educated lamebrains to shut the hell up and sit the eff down. Forget armed rebellion, some parents need to start backhanding these idiots across the mouth and telling them to stop interfering with the way they raise theitr kids Before we go to arms, I say let's try beating the living crap outta a few people who need it. Me, I don't have any kids but if I did, I'd have probably smacked around a principal or two by now. I mean this stuff is the root of everything that is wrong nowadays, and it makes blood shoot out of my eyes to think about it.
:celebrate

Yep and I know how and why this all came about. Too long of a discussion here but I believe I laid it out sparingly sometime back on this forum.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:

But where do you draw the line? Bullying in a real problem and is typically the catalyst for school shootings. Kids nowadays don't need to stand up to the bullies, they just go down to the local hood, buy a gun illegally, and massacre everyone at the school. You can talk about making kids tough all you want, but that doesn't justify bullying. Adults bullied as kids become jackass cops and Bush. The bullies need to be dealt with and "running to the authorities" is how it's done. Has it got a little out of control? Sure. But, once again, we have the OC extremists going overboard and throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Just because something has gotten abused or out of control, doesn't mean you need to take it to the other extreme and throw prudence and common sense to the wind.Oh wait, if we just give all the elementary school kids guns then theycan protect themselves from the bullies. :quirky That's the solution!

You sound like Akon.

stop-snitchin.jpg

compmanio365

imported post

What Alexcabbie is talking about and what you are talking about are two different things, and you know it.....nice try though. There's a difference between self dependence and "running to mommy" anytime someone hurts your feelings. Nobody here is saying don't go to the police when there is a real problem, but a kid talking about going shooting with his dad, or how much he likes he new .22 rifle, isn't a threat to anyone. Pull your head out of your posterior and look around the real world like the rest of us. Sure you don't live in California, New York, DC, one of them places? Your non-logic sure sounds familiar......