• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Insanity of Gun Control Fanatics

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Your "point" has changed so frequently upon being challenged that it's doubtful that you HAVE a point.

If you want to argue with yourself, buy a mirror.

wat

My point changes with the changes of the topic. What is exactly is this thread about during this hour?

Carnivore

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Marshaul I can appreciate that given your geographic location, you may have more limber tendancies, "oops did I say that out loud" What I really meant to say, was flexibility and tollerance, yea, tollerance is what I meant..
:quirky
You're lucky I'm so tolerant because you've made a series of very ignorant remarks.
:lol:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You steal my hat? I kill you. You scuff my white on white Jordans? I kill you. We have a dispute over who can sell crack on this corner? I kill you.

hmmmm.........

I believe AWD may be "porjecting" his own subdued desires. (drawing onthe info from the article on "Anti-gunners Mentality").

Deanimator

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Your "point" has changed so frequently upon being challenged that it's doubtful that you HAVE a point.

If you want to argue with yourself, buy a mirror.

wat

My point changes with the changes of the topic. What is exactly is this thread about during this hour?
Your "point", such as it is, changes as it's refuted. Get shot down? Just claim "that" isn't what you meant, but something else.... which in turn goes down in flames like a Betty lumbering toward Okinawa carrying an Ohka...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Your "point", such as it is, changes as it's refuted. Get shot down? Just claim "that" isn't what you meant, but something else.... which in turn goes down in flames like a Betty lumbering toward Okinawa carrying an Ohka...
Are we reading the same thread? Maybe you're not good with the complex arugment thing. Stick to sesamestreet.com, maybe. Those debates might be more in your league.

Alexcabbie

imported post

AWD stylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Are we reading the same thread? Maybe you're not good with the complex argument thing. Stick to sesamestreet.com, maybe. Those debates might be more in your league.
KNOCK KNOCK!! - Who's there? - "Ad"- Ad who? - "AD HOMINEM' (aka lousy arguement)

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
AWD stylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Are we reading the same thread? Maybe you're not good with the complex argument thing. Stick to sesamestreet.com, maybe. Those debates might be more in your league.
KNOCK KNOCK!! - Who's there? - "Ad"- Ad who? - "AD HOMINEM' (aka lousy arguement)

That's not an arugment, it's an insult. It isn't my fault he can't follow the course of the thread, and I'm not about to walk him through it. We all agree on the original situation, I had a disagreement about how to handle childhood problems, he wanted to start a sideshow about the definition of "violence" and here we are now.

/end thread

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
AWD stylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:

That's not an arugment, it's an insult. It isn't my fault he can't follow the course of the thread, and I'm not about to walk him through it. We all agree on the original situation, I had a disagreement about how to handle childhood problems, he wanted to start a sideshow about the definition of "violence" and here we are now.

/end thread

I think what AWD fails to realize is that there are varying degrees of bullying, from verbal abuse to physical assaults. All of which are intended to intimidate the victem. Each variant has to be delt with differently. Telling kids to report such acts to authorities teaches them nothing about how to handle such situations on their own when they become adults, and are then themselves in a position of being the authority figures.

When I was a kid we didn't run to our parents or the teachers and get them to fix the problem. They told us how to deal with a bully ourselves. This advise could include ignoring verbal attacks to standing toe to toe against the threat of physical violence. The advice all worked, if we applied it.

Now kids are told to run to authorities that don't know how to handle bullies themselves, because those in authority today were kids that never learned how to stand up to bullies on their own. Is it any wonder how our society has become so dependent on the "Nanny State"?

darthmord

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
What Alexcabbie is talking about and what you are talking about are two different things, and you know it.....nice try though. There's a difference between self dependence and "running to mommy" anytime someone hurts your feelings. Nobody here is saying don't go to the police when there is a real problem, but a kid talking about going shooting with his dad, or how much he likes he new .22 rifle, isn't a threat to anyone. Pull your head out of your posterior and look around the real world like the rest of us. Sure you don't live in California, New York, DC, one of them places? Your non-logic sure sounds familiar......

Why don't you goread my previous posts. He changed the topic from talking about shooting with dad to a "stop snitchin" approach to childhood problems.

Alexcabbie:
Bullies are nothing new, and in my day we didn't shoot them we gave en a good kick in the balls. Too bad more kids are not taught to speak to bullies in the only language they understand.

So violence is the solution to violence? I thought you were Christian? What happened to "turn the other cheek"?

Standing up to physical bullying only works if you're stronger than the bully, in which case you wouldn't be getting bullied in the first place. Then there's verbal abuse, which I would certainly hope you wouldn't advocate a violent response to (that's how school shootings happen). The only people that bullies need a kick in the balls from is their parents and the teachers. Those also happen to be the only people in the proper place to justify any ball kicking. Teaching young kids to not fight out every problem, but rather go to an adult,isn't teaching dependence, it's teaching the correct way to deal with issues in life. It's the adults that need to grow up now and learn to have some shades of gray between stuffed animal and real gun.

There are also passages where Jesus advised his followers to take up arms (specifically swords).

Standing up to a bully only works if the bully perceives that you cannot pose a threat to him. Being mild mannered in no way makes you a wimp. Mild mannered people are picked on all the time in schools until such time as they get fed up with it and rise to the challenge. Once they do, they are seldom picked on again by bullies.

Carnivore

imported post

Just out of Curosity,

How many of these replies on how to deal with Bullies "(Since this topis is very lost from it's original post)" are from experience of ya'll as parents coaching your kids through tuff times in a school environment, and how many of the replies are from adults sharing their experiences fromsome 30 years back??

Because there is a real big difference in the school systems methods and avenues of controlling kids in the last 10 to 15 years, compared to when I was a kid in school..

My oldest is 26 years old, second is 24 yrs old, and third is 15 yrs. old and I've always told my kids to go through the proper channels if a persistent problem seems unmanagable, ie. chain of command.. Teacher/principal/superintendant/ knock their ass off then when the school board freaks out and calls the state police because of an altercation, my kids butts are covered as far as reporting a problem to the proper authorities, and all avenues of recourse have been exhausted.. and trust me in the last 15 years, the State police will show up in the school office to put a collar on your kid for physical violence..

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Just out of Curosity,

How many of these replies on how to deal with Bullies "(Since this topis is very lost from it's original post)" are from experience of ya'll as parents coaching your kids through tuff times in a school environment, and how many of the replies are from adults sharing their experiences fromsome 30 years back??

Because there is a real big difference in the school systems methods and avenues of controlling kids in the last 10 to 15 years, compared to when I was a kid in school..

My oldest is 26 years old, second is 24 yrs old, and third is 15 yrs. old and I've always told my kids to go through the proper channels if a persistent problem seems unmanagable, ie. chain of command.. Teacher/principal/superintendant/ knock their ass off then when the school board freaks out and calls the state police because of an altercation, my kids butts are covered as far as reporting a problem to the proper authorities, and all avenues of recourse have been exhausted.. and trust me in the last 15 years, the State police will show up in the school office to put a collar on your kid for physical violence..

I think what some of our saying is that the "system" has gotten totally messed up since some of us went through it. I graduated HS in '71. It was my experience that we the kids seemed to police the bullies ourselves, rather than run to the teachers all the time. The cops weren't called when there were fights in school, either. And there weren't that many fights.

I inadvertenly became a "sheepdog" in my school, one of many. The sheepdogs in my school rarely had to fight bullies because bullies are really cowards that can't back up their BS. That's not to say that the sheepdogs were better fighters, it just means that we weren't intimidated by them. That is what de-fangs the bullies.

Carnivore

imported post

IUnderstand where your coming from in relation to the H.S. years, I agree a highschool age kid really doesn't need to be running to the faculty for every little snarl and snicker unless issues become threatening or dangerous for a submissive sort of student, and then likewise most decent classmates would keep any real jerks in check pretty good..

My oldest , a daughter had a couple of situations with boys popping the Bra strap in Jr. H.S. after getting off the bus a few days in a row crying,Dad had about all he was gonna take.. I sat down with my Daughter and explained that One simple note to her principle would most likely fix this problem.I wrote the note with her help because I needed names, addressed to the principle explaining that on so many occasions my daughter had gotten off the bus in tears complaining that Johnny/billy and tommy such and such was invading her personal space and their pier pressure bravery has led to a lot ofphysical abuse, and _____ my daughter has been instructed by me to Kick the Living SH(& out of the first one that had an exposed groin, now if he didn't want to have to explain to the boys parents why it has come to this, then I will be at his office on the day of this event to explain to the boys parents myself, and it won't be pretty for me or the boys parents..

sealed the envelope, and instructed my daughter to give it to the principal .. well I recieved a PH.call from said principallate the next eve. and he assured me all is well with the boys, and they fully understand what the letter read..

The most memorable situation with my oldest son, was after utilizing the chain of command of teach,princpl,then the bullying of three boys continued, I just told him to pick the one with the loudest mouth and lay him out,, and I mean relentlesly, make him remember you for the rest of his life,, well thats what my son did, the parentscalled my house and mommy chewed me up one side and down the other, My son is afraid of your son attacking him and doesn't want to go to school anymore,,I oughta call the state police on you,, or better yet how would you like my husband to come over and beat you up like your son did mine,, All I told her was to call the school and speak with Mr. so and so, and the teacher Mrs. so and so, and if she had anymore questions please don't hesitate to call me back and I'd see if I could ablige her or her husband.. well a couple of days later her husband called me back and apologized all over himself, and would've never believed his son would relentlessly try to humiliate someone like that, and he admitted his son got what he truely deserved..

Alexcabbie

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
IUnderstand where your coming from in relation to the H.S. years, I agree a highschool age kid really doesn't need to be running to the faculty for every little snarl and snicker unless issues become threatening or dangerous for a submissive sort of student, and then likewise most decent classmates would keep any real jerks in check pretty good..

My oldest , a daughter had a couple of situations with boys popping the Bra strap in Jr. H.S. after getting off the bus a few days in a row crying,Dad had about all he was gonna take.. I sat down with my Daughter and explained that One simple note to her principle would most likely fix this problem.I wrote the note with her help because I needed names, addressed to the principle explaining that on so many occasions my daughter had gotten off the bus in tears complaining that Johnny/billy and tommy such and such was invading her personal space and their pier pressure bravery has led to a lot ofphysical abuse, and _____ my daughter has been instructed by me to Kick the Living SH(& out of the first one that had an exposed groin, now if he didn't want to have to explain to the boys parents why it has come to this, then I will be at his office on the day of this event to explain to the boys parents myself, and it won't be pretty for me or the boys parents..

sealed the envelope, and instructed my daughter to give it to the principal .. well I recieved a PH.call from said principallate the next eve. and he assured me all is well with the boys, and they fully understand what the letter read..

The most memorable situation with my oldest son, was after utilizing the chain of command of teach,princpl,then the bullying of three boys continued, I just told him to pick the one with the loudest mouth and lay him out,, and I mean relentlesly, make him remember you for the rest of his life,, well thats what my son did, the parentscalled my house and mommy chewed me up one side and down the other, My son is afraid of your son attacking him and doesn't want to go to school anymore,,I oughta call the state police on you,, or better yet how would you like my husband to come over and beat you up like your son did mine,, All I told her was to call the school and speak with Mr. so and so, and the teacher Mrs. so and so, and if she had anymore questions please don't hesitate to call me back and I'd see if I could ablige her or her husband.. well a couple of days later her husband called me back and apologized all over himself, and would've never believed his son would relentlessly try to humiliate someone like that, and he admitted his son got what he truely deserved..
YES!!!! YES!!!!!!YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Almost exactly as the encounter I described. Large or small, SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

Deanimator

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
AWD stylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Hey, it's all he's got...