• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The politics of U.S. gun control: Q & A with Jennifer Dawn Carlson

FreeInAZ

U of T News asked Jenny Dawn Carlson for her take on Obama's proposals. Carlson, an expert on gun policy in the United States, joins the University of Toronto's Department of Sociology in July of 2013.

http://www.news.utoronto.ca/politics-us-gun-control-q-jennifer-dawn-carlson

Thanks for posting this MC. Ms. Carlson is a bright star in a dark sea of biased researchers.
Her points on MI are spot on. I hate to admit it but I am very glad to have left. I hope one day soon MI comes to be a more free place to live and a more financially stable place as well.

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

Thanks for posting this MC. Ms. Carlson is a bright star in a dark sea of biased researchers.
Her points on MI are spot on. I hate to admit it but I am very glad to have left. I hope one day soon MI comes to be a more free place to live and a more financially stable place as well.
Having been part of Jenny's MI study and being a Michigander for 55 years,I would say that since the 90' Preemption and 01' "Shall Issue" passage,MI is gaining in Firearm Freedoms and We need to Keep Fighting for repeal of the remainder of The "Infringements" of Our State Constitution! It's good to see Jenny's Expertise and Wisdom in print as it was a pleasure to discuss Firearm Wisdom with her when We did lunch in 2010! Maybe she can influence our neighbors to the north! CARRY ON!

budlight

Having been part of Jenny's MI study and being a Michigander for 55 years,I would say that since the 90' Preemption and 01' "Shall Issue" passage,MI is gaining in Firearm Freedoms and We need to Keep Fighting for repeal of the remainder of The "Infringements" of Our State Constitution! It's good to see Jenny's Expertise and Wisdom in print as it was a pleasure to discuss Firearm Wisdom with her when We did lunch in 2010! Maybe she can influence our neighbors to the north! CARRY ON!

+1